Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
Three alumni and one adjunct faculty member recently received the Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Award on November 15 during the annual awards luncheon. The award recognizes professionals younger than 40 years of age for service in their jobs and in the community.
Leonard Brock ’09; Dina Natale ’00, ’06; and Matt Vahue ’05; along with adjunct faculty member Dr. Mona Chitre, were among the honorees.
Brock is a graduate of the College’s Executive Leadership program. He is currently the Executive for Educational Initiatives at The Children’s Agenda, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health, education, and success of Rochester’s children and youth through advocacy for evidence-based solutions and policy change at the local, state, and federal levels. In this role, he is responsible for developing the new K-12 education track for the organization, and works with institutions to identify benchmarks and best practices. He also serves as President of Community Empowerment Opportunities, LLC, and is chairman of a local campaign for black male achievement. In addition, he is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., the Rochester Planning Commission, and serves on the board of contributors for the Democrat and Chronicle.
Natale, Manager of Talent Acquisition at Unity Health System, received her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and her MBA from the College. In her role, she oversees staffing and recruiting processes that support client groups across the system, establishes strategic direction for the team, and provides consultant support within the company. She serves on the board of the Aquinas Institute and the Rochester Women’s Network. In addition, she is a past board member of the College’s Alumni Association.
Vahue received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication/Journalism, and serves as a Recruiting Director and Financial Advisor for the Principal Financial Group. He is responsible for the growth of the firm’s team of professionals in Upstate New York, and works to develop investment and insurance solutions for individuals and small-to-midsize businesses. He is a resident of Canandaigua and serves on the boards of the Canandaigua Rotary Club and the Canandaigua YMCA. While he was a senior at Fisher, he moved to Buffalo to join the Buffalo Bills as a graduate assistant in media relations, but he still graduated in four years.
Chitre, who is an adjunct faculty member in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, is the Vice President of Pharmacy Management at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield. She is responsible for managing $1 billion in drug costs for the organization, including strategic planning, and operational and clinical oversight. She also works with various business units to ensure that members have safe and affordable medications. Chitre is a Ronald McDonald House board member, an editorial board member for the CDMI Report on drug benefit management, a health and wellness committee member for the Victor Central School District, and a volunteer for the Relay for Life of Victor.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year