Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
On Friday, December 6, St. John Fisher College’s Office of Campus Ministry will welcome Vatican insider Gary Krupp to present, “Pope Pius XII and World War II, The Documented Truth: A compilation of Evidence Revealing the Wartime Acts of the Vatican.” His talk is being co-sponsored by the The Cardinal Virtue, a monthly bulletin of the Office of Campus Ministry, the Fisher History Club, and the St. Thomas More Lawyers Guild. The presentation begins at 12:30 p.m. in Basil Hall Room 135, and is free and open to the public.
Krupp, a retired medical equipment dealer from Long Island, became a “trusted member of the Papal household” after being knighted by Pope John Paul II, becoming only the seventh Jewish papal knight in history. He founded and chairs the board of his Pave the Way Foundation (ptwf.org), whose main mission is to break down the non-theological obstacles between particularly the three Abrahamic faiths. He has become the most vocal advocate and ally defending Pope Pius XII and the Church on the issue of the actions of Pius XII and the Vatican during World War II.
With no previous background or training in history, he has become a recognized expert around the world in the subject. Growing up as “an average schlemiel, just a Jewish kid from Queens, he believed Pius was a Nazi sympathizer” until his research as an adult led him to discover otherwise. He now works passionately as an advocate for the sainthood of Pope Pius XII, being thanked personally at the papal summer residence in September 2008 by Pope Benedict XVI for bringing attention to “what Pius XII achieved for the Jews.”
For more information about Krupp’s visit, contact Deacon Tom Jewell at (585) 385-8325 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair