Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
On Friday, December 6, St. John Fisher College’s Office of Campus Ministry will welcome Vatican insider Gary Krupp to present, “Pope Pius XII and World War II, The Documented Truth: A compilation of Evidence Revealing the Wartime Acts of the Vatican.” His talk is being co-sponsored by the The Cardinal Virtue, a monthly bulletin of the Office of Campus Ministry, the Fisher History Club, and the St. Thomas More Lawyers Guild. The presentation begins at 12:30 p.m. in Basil Hall Room 135, and is free and open to the public.
Krupp, a retired medical equipment dealer from Long Island, became a “trusted member of the Papal household” after being knighted by Pope John Paul II, becoming only the seventh Jewish papal knight in history. He founded and chairs the board of his Pave the Way Foundation (ptwf.org), whose main mission is to break down the non-theological obstacles between particularly the three Abrahamic faiths. He has become the most vocal advocate and ally defending Pope Pius XII and the Church on the issue of the actions of Pius XII and the Vatican during World War II.
With no previous background or training in history, he has become a recognized expert around the world in the subject. Growing up as “an average schlemiel, just a Jewish kid from Queens, he believed Pius was a Nazi sympathizer” until his research as an adult led him to discover otherwise. He now works passionately as an advocate for the sainthood of Pope Pius XII, being thanked personally at the papal summer residence in September 2008 by Pope Benedict XVI for bringing attention to “what Pius XII achieved for the Jews.”
For more information about Krupp’s visit, contact Deacon Tom Jewell at (585) 385-8325 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!