Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
On Friday, December 6, St. John Fisher College’s Office of Campus Ministry will welcome Vatican insider Gary Krupp to present, “Pope Pius XII and World War II, The Documented Truth: A compilation of Evidence Revealing the Wartime Acts of the Vatican.” His talk is being co-sponsored by the The Cardinal Virtue, a monthly bulletin of the Office of Campus Ministry, the Fisher History Club, and the St. Thomas More Lawyers Guild. The presentation begins at 12:30 p.m. in Basil Hall Room 135, and is free and open to the public.
Krupp, a retired medical equipment dealer from Long Island, became a “trusted member of the Papal household” after being knighted by Pope John Paul II, becoming only the seventh Jewish papal knight in history. He founded and chairs the board of his Pave the Way Foundation (ptwf.org), whose main mission is to break down the non-theological obstacles between particularly the three Abrahamic faiths. He has become the most vocal advocate and ally defending Pope Pius XII and the Church on the issue of the actions of Pius XII and the Vatican during World War II.
With no previous background or training in history, he has become a recognized expert around the world in the subject. Growing up as “an average schlemiel, just a Jewish kid from Queens, he believed Pius was a Nazi sympathizer” until his research as an adult led him to discover otherwise. He now works passionately as an advocate for the sainthood of Pope Pius XII, being thanked personally at the papal summer residence in September 2008 by Pope Benedict XVI for bringing attention to “what Pius XII achieved for the Jews.”
For more information about Krupp’s visit, contact Deacon Tom Jewell at (585) 385-8325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems