#FisherCares Day Sparks Renewed Sense of Community
Hundreds of students, faculty, and staff swarmed the Campus Center Mainstage throughout the day on 11/12/13 – the College’s first #FisherCares Day.
Inside the Mainstage doors was a room full of caring, and a room full of those eager to volunteer. Tables were peppered throughout the room with a variety of community service projects, canned goods were being collected, and a volunteer fair was taking place – all in the name of #FisherCares.
Organizers said the goal of the one-day event was to bring awareness to all of the ways that #FisherCares, and to continue to spread a sense of caring and ethics to everyone on campus.
By the end of the day, volunteers were busy counting donated items and community services projects to see how the efforts paid off. Here is a glimpse of some the ways Fisher cared on 11/12/13:
- 24 Friendly Home residents will receive holiday cards
- 29 soldiers who will spend the holidays overseas will receive letters written by students
- 30 young patients at Golisano Children’s Hospital and Mount Hope Family Center will stay warm with fleece blankets
- The Lollypop Farm will have 32 new toys to share with cats at the shelter
- Volunteers also created 34 custom coloring books and 98 school supply kits
- Rape Crisis Services will receive 72 items to use in toiletry kits
- 126 items of clothing were collected
- 1,092 canned goods and donated food items will be delivered to the Pittsford Food Cupboard
#FisherCares Media Coverage:
Residence Directors Tiffany Lamberton, Kara Crosson, and Amanda Nasso.
Students and staff make blankets.
A "canstruction" made out of donated canned goods!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program