#FisherCares Day Sparks Renewed Sense of Community
Hundreds of students, faculty, and staff swarmed the Campus Center Mainstage throughout the day on 11/12/13 – the College’s first #FisherCares Day.
Inside the Mainstage doors was a room full of caring, and a room full of those eager to volunteer. Tables were peppered throughout the room with a variety of community service projects, canned goods were being collected, and a volunteer fair was taking place – all in the name of #FisherCares.
Organizers said the goal of the one-day event was to bring awareness to all of the ways that #FisherCares, and to continue to spread a sense of caring and ethics to everyone on campus.
By the end of the day, volunteers were busy counting donated items and community services projects to see how the efforts paid off. Here is a glimpse of some the ways Fisher cared on 11/12/13:
- 24 Friendly Home residents will receive holiday cards
- 29 soldiers who will spend the holidays overseas will receive letters written by students
- 30 young patients at Golisano Children’s Hospital and Mount Hope Family Center will stay warm with fleece blankets
- The Lollypop Farm will have 32 new toys to share with cats at the shelter
- Volunteers also created 34 custom coloring books and 98 school supply kits
- Rape Crisis Services will receive 72 items to use in toiletry kits
- 126 items of clothing were collected
- 1,092 canned goods and donated food items will be delivered to the Pittsford Food Cupboard
#FisherCares Media Coverage:
Residence Directors Tiffany Lamberton, Kara Crosson, and Amanda Nasso.
Students and staff make blankets.
A "canstruction" made out of donated canned goods!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship