O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open DRAW’s “My Space” Exhibit August 26
Beginning on Monday, August 26, St. John Fisher College will host an exhibit in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center titled, “My Space.” The exhibit features the work of the local all-female artist group, DRAW. An opening reception will take place Friday, September 13, from 6:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
“Most everyone has that ‘place’ we go to where we can be alone and separate ourselves, at least for a time, from the routine and rigors of everyday life. For some, it’s a physical place, perhaps a garden, or a sun-soaked beach on a Caribbean island, or the exquisite red rock formations of the Southwest. Still others may find that recreational activities, or hobbies, or even the abstractions of their daydreams, provide the much needed solace, however fleeting it may be. This exhibit takes a look at those special places for the women of DRAW.”
The artists include: Carolyn Marshall, landscape and figurative oil painter; Mary Buchan, oil painter; Kate Lipsky, artist/fine arts photographer; Debra VanWert, figure drawing/painting; Connie Ehindero, environmental landscapes; Andrea Sands, portraiture and multimedia; Jean DeHaven, portrait and figurative oil painter; Elyse Capell, landscape and figurative oil and acrylic painter; Christine Knoblauch, sculptor and mixed media art; and Anne Marcello, watercolors.
The exhibit will be on display until October 4. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The exhibit is free and open to the public. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Libby Pinti at 585-385-7350 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International