Countdown to Commencement - Loriane Ngarambe
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Political Science major, Loriane Ngarambe. She was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Ngarambe was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and came to the United States when she was 7 years old. An HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program) student, she has proven to be a role model for students on campus. According to Rodgers, her leadership has been demonstrated through her involvement as President and Vice President of Students of Multicultural Affairs and as a member of the Black Student Union. She is also a peer advisor for the College Bound Program, has been an orientation leader, has worked at the HEOP’s summer program, and has been involved with the Teddi Dance for Love.
Rodger’s admires Ngarambe for her “open-mindedness.” Ngarambe works to make a difference and promote diversity on campus, and served as Co-Chair for the 2013 Day of Celebration and was also a member of the Hunger Banquet Committee.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Loriane Ngarambe!
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference