Service-Learning Course Hosts Life Skills Event
Students in adjunct professor Lee Chase’s Social Change Through Service course hosted a Life Skills Fair at Sojourner House on December 6, educating individuals on topics such as preparing for job interviews, education, stress management, and budgeting finances.
Student Amanda Cammarano created a presentation booth for the fair titled, “College 101.” She distributed information packets about the college application process, and shared tips about what to expect.
“I also incorporated tips I learned as I went through the process myself that may be beneficial to the people who attended the fair,” said Cammarano.
Student Erin Haffey presented information on stress and stress management, discussing warning signs of stress and healthy alternatives to dealing with it. Additionally, she created a hands-on project for the attendees and made stress balls.
Twenty women and their children attended the event, and according to Chase, the students put in at least 15 to 20 hours each working independently and as a group to prepare for the fair.
“I was very impressed with how these students worked together and coordinated their efforts,” said Chase. “Throughout the semester, they worked mostly with the children who live at Sojourner House, and the fair was the capstone project.”
Students from L to R: Katie Tryniski, Sarah Miller, Erin Haffey, Nick Boberskyj, John LaDelfa, Lindsay Bolland, Amanda Cammarano
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement