Service-Learning Course Hosts Life Skills Event
Students in adjunct professor Lee Chase’s Social Change Through Service course hosted a Life Skills Fair at Sojourner House on December 6, educating individuals on topics such as preparing for job interviews, education, stress management, and budgeting finances.
Student Amanda Cammarano created a presentation booth for the fair titled, “College 101.” She distributed information packets about the college application process, and shared tips about what to expect.
“I also incorporated tips I learned as I went through the process myself that may be beneficial to the people who attended the fair,” said Cammarano.
Student Erin Haffey presented information on stress and stress management, discussing warning signs of stress and healthy alternatives to dealing with it. Additionally, she created a hands-on project for the attendees and made stress balls.
Twenty women and their children attended the event, and according to Chase, the students put in at least 15 to 20 hours each working independently and as a group to prepare for the fair.
“I was very impressed with how these students worked together and coordinated their efforts,” said Chase. “Throughout the semester, they worked mostly with the children who live at Sojourner House, and the fair was the capstone project.”
Students from L to R: Katie Tryniski, Sarah Miller, Erin Haffey, Nick Boberskyj, John LaDelfa, Lindsay Bolland, Amanda Cammarano
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”