Service-Learning Course Hosts Life Skills Event
Students in adjunct professor Lee Chase’s Social Change Through Service course hosted a Life Skills Fair at Sojourner House on December 6, educating individuals on topics such as preparing for job interviews, education, stress management, and budgeting finances.
Student Amanda Cammarano created a presentation booth for the fair titled, “College 101.” She distributed information packets about the college application process, and shared tips about what to expect.
“I also incorporated tips I learned as I went through the process myself that may be beneficial to the people who attended the fair,” said Cammarano.
Student Erin Haffey presented information on stress and stress management, discussing warning signs of stress and healthy alternatives to dealing with it. Additionally, she created a hands-on project for the attendees and made stress balls.
Twenty women and their children attended the event, and according to Chase, the students put in at least 15 to 20 hours each working independently and as a group to prepare for the fair.
“I was very impressed with how these students worked together and coordinated their efforts,” said Chase. “Throughout the semester, they worked mostly with the children who live at Sojourner House, and the fair was the capstone project.”
Students from L to R: Katie Tryniski, Sarah Miller, Erin Haffey, Nick Boberskyj, John LaDelfa, Lindsay Bolland, Amanda Cammarano
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students