Service-Learning Course Hosts Life Skills Event
Students in adjunct professor Lee Chase’s Social Change Through Service course hosted a Life Skills Fair at Sojourner House on December 6, educating individuals on topics such as preparing for job interviews, education, stress management, and budgeting finances.
Student Amanda Cammarano created a presentation booth for the fair titled, “College 101.” She distributed information packets about the college application process, and shared tips about what to expect.
“I also incorporated tips I learned as I went through the process myself that may be beneficial to the people who attended the fair,” said Cammarano.
Student Erin Haffey presented information on stress and stress management, discussing warning signs of stress and healthy alternatives to dealing with it. Additionally, she created a hands-on project for the attendees and made stress balls.
Twenty women and their children attended the event, and according to Chase, the students put in at least 15 to 20 hours each working independently and as a group to prepare for the fair.
“I was very impressed with how these students worked together and coordinated their efforts,” said Chase. “Throughout the semester, they worked mostly with the children who live at Sojourner House, and the fair was the capstone project.”
Students from L to R: Katie Tryniski, Sarah Miller, Erin Haffey, Nick Boberskyj, John LaDelfa, Lindsay Bolland, Amanda Cammarano
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum