Alumna Crowned Miss New York 2014
Candace Kuykendall ’11 was crowned the 2014 Miss New York on Sunday, January 19, at the Performing Arts Center in Purchase, New York. She will move on to represent New York in the Miss USA pageant on June 16. She graduated with a bachelor of science degree in Corporate Finance and Accounting.
Today, Kuykendall works as a professional model at Mary Therese Friel, LLC, and goes by the name Candace Kendall professionally. Coincidentally, Friel is a 2004 graduate and was Miss USA in 1979. She also works for Chantale Nadeau Model Placement.
If Kuykendall wins the Miss USA pageant, she will go on to compete in the 2014 Miss Universe pageant in Brazil.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance