Alumna Crowned Miss New York 2014
Candace Kuykendall ’11 was crowned the 2014 Miss New York on Sunday, January 19, at the Performing Arts Center in Purchase, New York. She will move on to represent New York in the Miss USA pageant on June 16. She graduated with a bachelor of science degree in Corporate Finance and Accounting.
Today, Kuykendall works as a professional model at Mary Therese Friel, LLC, and goes by the name Candace Kendall professionally. Coincidentally, Friel is a 2004 graduate and was Miss USA in 1979. She also works for Chantale Nadeau Model Placement.
If Kuykendall wins the Miss USA pageant, she will go on to compete in the 2014 Miss Universe pageant in Brazil.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia