Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
Jacquelyn Cowley, one of the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) co-liaisons, represented the School of Business and the Fisher BGS chapter at the annual BGS Student Leadership Spring Forum in San Antonio, Texas. The forum took place from February 6-9.
The forum provides an opportunity for BGS members to collaborate, share ideas, and enhance their leadership skills through team-building exercises, guest speakers, and other developmental activities. This year, the forum welcomed students from all across the country and the globe including members from Hong Kong, Germany, and Canada.
Cowley’s favorite event from the forum involved guest speaker Alyssa Preston, Founder and Principal of Communication Architect SAGE, LLC, who walked students through a leadership self-analysis that encouraged them to question their own lives and step out of their comfort zones.
“From this experience I have learned that I need to pursue the things I am passionate about at the risk of everything, because in the end, you only fail when you stop trying,” said Cowley.
This interactive learning experience provided Cowley with a new leadership outlook and a new list of goals for the Fisher BGS chapter this year. She plans to incorporate what she has learned from this forum into her own life in order to improve herself for the future.
Cowley actively shows her support in the accounting community by serving as the Chair of the College’s Accounting Club and attending leadership forums at various accounting firms. She was also the recipient of this year’s RABEF Scholarship, given to students for their outstanding display of business leadership and academic excellence. Aside from her accounting involvement, Cowley holds a leadership position on the Teddi Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. She plans on attending graduate school to pursue a Master's of Tax degree.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner