Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
Jacquelyn Cowley, one of the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) co-liaisons, represented the School of Business and the Fisher BGS chapter at the annual BGS Student Leadership Spring Forum in San Antonio, Texas. The forum took place from February 6-9.
The forum provides an opportunity for BGS members to collaborate, share ideas, and enhance their leadership skills through team-building exercises, guest speakers, and other developmental activities. This year, the forum welcomed students from all across the country and the globe including members from Hong Kong, Germany, and Canada.
Cowley’s favorite event from the forum involved guest speaker Alyssa Preston, Founder and Principal of Communication Architect SAGE, LLC, who walked students through a leadership self-analysis that encouraged them to question their own lives and step out of their comfort zones.
“From this experience I have learned that I need to pursue the things I am passionate about at the risk of everything, because in the end, you only fail when you stop trying,” said Cowley.
This interactive learning experience provided Cowley with a new leadership outlook and a new list of goals for the Fisher BGS chapter this year. She plans to incorporate what she has learned from this forum into her own life in order to improve herself for the future.
Cowley actively shows her support in the accounting community by serving as the Chair of the College’s Accounting Club and attending leadership forums at various accounting firms. She was also the recipient of this year’s RABEF Scholarship, given to students for their outstanding display of business leadership and academic excellence. Aside from her accounting involvement, Cowley holds a leadership position on the Teddi Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. She plans on attending graduate school to pursue a Master's of Tax degree.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans