Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
The Empire 8 has announced that 104 student-athletes from St. John Fisher College have been named to its President's List for fall 2013. In addition, the Conference released the fall 2013 Academic Teams with 13 Cardinal squads making the list.
Recipients of this honor must earn a 3.75 grade point average or higher while participating in a conference-sponsored sport. In addition, the student-athlete must display positive contact on- and off- campus and be enrolled full-time at the member institution. The conference states, "Its commitment to serve the educational needs of its student-athletes is the hallmark of the Empire 8."
In order to qualify as an Empire 8 All-Academic Team, a squad must have a team grade point average of 3.2 or higher for the fall semester. Honored Fisher teams include women’s volleyball, women’s track and field, women’s tennis, women’s soccer, softball, women’s lacrosse, field hockey, women’s cross country, women’s basketball, men’s track and field, men’s tennis, men’s rowing, and men’s cross country.
Find the full list of President’s List honorees on the Empire 8 website.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students