Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
The Empire 8 has announced that 104 student-athletes from St. John Fisher College have been named to its President's List for fall 2013. In addition, the Conference released the fall 2013 Academic Teams with 13 Cardinal squads making the list.
Recipients of this honor must earn a 3.75 grade point average or higher while participating in a conference-sponsored sport. In addition, the student-athlete must display positive contact on- and off- campus and be enrolled full-time at the member institution. The conference states, "Its commitment to serve the educational needs of its student-athletes is the hallmark of the Empire 8."
In order to qualify as an Empire 8 All-Academic Team, a squad must have a team grade point average of 3.2 or higher for the fall semester. Honored Fisher teams include women’s volleyball, women’s track and field, women’s tennis, women’s soccer, softball, women’s lacrosse, field hockey, women’s cross country, women’s basketball, men’s track and field, men’s tennis, men’s rowing, and men’s cross country.
Find the full list of President’s List honorees on the Empire 8 website.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rosenberry Leads Effort on Citizen-Centered Journalism Research Initiative
- Fisher Alumna Shares “10 Body Language Habits of Successful People”
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium