Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
The Empire 8 has announced that 104 student-athletes from St. John Fisher College have been named to its President's List for fall 2013. In addition, the Conference released the fall 2013 Academic Teams with 13 Cardinal squads making the list.
Recipients of this honor must earn a 3.75 grade point average or higher while participating in a conference-sponsored sport. In addition, the student-athlete must display positive contact on- and off- campus and be enrolled full-time at the member institution. The conference states, "Its commitment to serve the educational needs of its student-athletes is the hallmark of the Empire 8."
In order to qualify as an Empire 8 All-Academic Team, a squad must have a team grade point average of 3.2 or higher for the fall semester. Honored Fisher teams include women’s volleyball, women’s track and field, women’s tennis, women’s soccer, softball, women’s lacrosse, field hockey, women’s cross country, women’s basketball, men’s track and field, men’s tennis, men’s rowing, and men’s cross country.
Find the full list of President’s List honorees on the Empire 8 website.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference