Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
The Empire 8 has announced that 104 student-athletes from St. John Fisher College have been named to its President's List for fall 2013. In addition, the Conference released the fall 2013 Academic Teams with 13 Cardinal squads making the list.
Recipients of this honor must earn a 3.75 grade point average or higher while participating in a conference-sponsored sport. In addition, the student-athlete must display positive contact on- and off- campus and be enrolled full-time at the member institution. The conference states, "Its commitment to serve the educational needs of its student-athletes is the hallmark of the Empire 8."
In order to qualify as an Empire 8 All-Academic Team, a squad must have a team grade point average of 3.2 or higher for the fall semester. Honored Fisher teams include women’s volleyball, women’s track and field, women’s tennis, women’s soccer, softball, women’s lacrosse, field hockey, women’s cross country, women’s basketball, men’s track and field, men’s tennis, men’s rowing, and men’s cross country.
Find the full list of President’s List honorees on the Empire 8 website.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”