Student Athlete Advisory Committee Joins Empire 8 for Breast Cancer Awareness
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is coming together with other Empire 8 schools to raise awareness for breast cancer in honor of an alumna who recently beat the disease.
The SAAC will spread the awareness at two athletic events on Saturday, October 20. Student athletes will be selling pink ribbons at Saturday’s men’s soccer game against Stevens Institute of Technology at noon and the football game against Ithaca College at 4:00 p.m. Two coaches have also volunteered to take a pie-in-the-face for the cause. Sean Coffey, assistant men’s basketball coach, and Kerri Brown, assistant women’s lacrosse coach, will be waiting for pies in their faces during halftime of each game. Participants should bring $5.00 and a good throwing arm.
The money raised during the event will go to the American Cancer Society in honor of Rochelle Meinking, a former Fisher women’s basketball player who has recently battled the disease. She is now in remission.
The Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative is being embraced by the Empire 8 schools throughout the month of October with a variety of events and fundraisers.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance