Student Athlete Advisory Committee Joins Empire 8 for Breast Cancer Awareness
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is coming together with other Empire 8 schools to raise awareness for breast cancer in honor of an alumna who recently beat the disease.
The SAAC will spread the awareness at two athletic events on Saturday, October 20. Student athletes will be selling pink ribbons at Saturday’s men’s soccer game against Stevens Institute of Technology at noon and the football game against Ithaca College at 4:00 p.m. Two coaches have also volunteered to take a pie-in-the-face for the cause. Sean Coffey, assistant men’s basketball coach, and Kerri Brown, assistant women’s lacrosse coach, will be waiting for pies in their faces during halftime of each game. Participants should bring $5.00 and a good throwing arm.
The money raised during the event will go to the American Cancer Society in honor of Rochelle Meinking, a former Fisher women’s basketball player who has recently battled the disease. She is now in remission.
The Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative is being embraced by the Empire 8 schools throughout the month of October with a variety of events and fundraisers.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain