Student Athlete Advisory Committee Joins Empire 8 for Breast Cancer Awareness
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is coming together with other Empire 8 schools to raise awareness for breast cancer in honor of an alumna who recently beat the disease.
The SAAC will spread the awareness at two athletic events on Saturday, October 20. Student athletes will be selling pink ribbons at Saturday’s men’s soccer game against Stevens Institute of Technology at noon and the football game against Ithaca College at 4:00 p.m. Two coaches have also volunteered to take a pie-in-the-face for the cause. Sean Coffey, assistant men’s basketball coach, and Kerri Brown, assistant women’s lacrosse coach, will be waiting for pies in their faces during halftime of each game. Participants should bring $5.00 and a good throwing arm.
The money raised during the event will go to the American Cancer Society in honor of Rochelle Meinking, a former Fisher women’s basketball player who has recently battled the disease. She is now in remission.
The Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative is being embraced by the Empire 8 schools throughout the month of October with a variety of events and fundraisers.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Athletes Make History
- Buffalo Bills Release 2016 Training Camp Schedule
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- Fisher Hosts High-rise Drill for Local Fire Departments Sunday
- Inaugural Ed.D. Cohort Graduates from Syracuse Extension Site; Rochester Graduates Honored at Local Hooding
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Arts and Sciences Celebrates Seniors