Fisher Students Among Hundreds of College Students Participating in “King for a Day”
On Saturday, January 19, 51 St. John Fisher College students participated in “King for a Day,” a national day of service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The initiative sparked a total of 250 local college students into volunteer mode throughout the city of Rochester.
Fisher students volunteered at several locations including Mary’s Place, Susan B. Anthony Apartments, Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, Friendly Home, InterVol, and CP Rochester. The students participated in a wide variety of activities from cleaning to tutoring, spending time with the elderly, to sorting medical supplies.
Other partners in the event were Rochester Cares, Wegmans, and Finger Lakes Volunteer Center.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program