Fisher Students Among Hundreds of College Students Participating in “King for a Day”
On Saturday, January 19, 51 St. John Fisher College students participated in “King for a Day,” a national day of service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The initiative sparked a total of 250 local college students into volunteer mode throughout the city of Rochester.
Fisher students volunteered at several locations including Mary’s Place, Susan B. Anthony Apartments, Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, Friendly Home, InterVol, and CP Rochester. The students participated in a wide variety of activities from cleaning to tutoring, spending time with the elderly, to sorting medical supplies.
Other partners in the event were Rochester Cares, Wegmans, and Finger Lakes Volunteer Center.
Latest College News Stories
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic