Fisher Students Among Hundreds of College Students Participating in “King for a Day”
On Saturday, January 19, 51 St. John Fisher College students participated in “King for a Day,” a national day of service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The initiative sparked a total of 250 local college students into volunteer mode throughout the city of Rochester.
Fisher students volunteered at several locations including Mary’s Place, Susan B. Anthony Apartments, Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, Friendly Home, InterVol, and CP Rochester. The students participated in a wide variety of activities from cleaning to tutoring, spending time with the elderly, to sorting medical supplies.
Other partners in the event were Rochester Cares, Wegmans, and Finger Lakes Volunteer Center.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine