Fisher Students Among Hundreds of College Students Participating in “King for a Day”
On Saturday, January 19, 51 St. John Fisher College students participated in “King for a Day,” a national day of service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The initiative sparked a total of 250 local college students into volunteer mode throughout the city of Rochester.
Fisher students volunteered at several locations including Mary’s Place, Susan B. Anthony Apartments, Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, Friendly Home, InterVol, and CP Rochester. The students participated in a wide variety of activities from cleaning to tutoring, spending time with the elderly, to sorting medical supplies.
Other partners in the event were Rochester Cares, Wegmans, and Finger Lakes Volunteer Center.
Latest College News Stories
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week