Fisher Students Among Hundreds of College Students Participating in “King for a Day”
On Saturday, January 19, 51 St. John Fisher College students participated in “King for a Day,” a national day of service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The initiative sparked a total of 250 local college students into volunteer mode throughout the city of Rochester.
Fisher students volunteered at several locations including Mary’s Place, Susan B. Anthony Apartments, Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, Friendly Home, InterVol, and CP Rochester. The students participated in a wide variety of activities from cleaning to tutoring, spending time with the elderly, to sorting medical supplies.
Other partners in the event were Rochester Cares, Wegmans, and Finger Lakes Volunteer Center.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”