Countdown to Commencement: Matthew Turner
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthew Turner, a History and Adolescence Education major. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life, and the entire Lavery Library Staff!
Turner has a unique influence on the St. John Fisher College community as President of the Student Government Association (SGA). In that role, he is responsible for constant interaction with students, faculty, staff, and administration. He is also an ex officio member of the Board of Trustees. Aside from his responsibilities as SGA President, Turner has also served as a Peer Advisor and Student Orientation Coordinator.
His influence on the campus goes deeper than attending meetings. Last year as Director of Student Services, Turner was a member of the Library Committee and assisted them with renovation ideas as well as outreach programs to students. As a result, the committee has been able to implement a number of successful outreach programs.
“Among other things, Matt is the most responsible and responsive student we’ve ever met. If we ask Matt a question to do something and he can’t do it, he makes sure to find someone who can,” said the Library staff in the nomination.
As the advisor to SGA, Rodgers has had the opportunity to interact on a daily basis with Turner.
“The thing I will remember most about Matthew is his desire to want to help others learn and be the best they can be,” he said.
Meet this week’s senior, Matthew Turner! Best of luck to you!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice