Countdown to Commencement: Matthew Turner
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthew Turner, a History and Adolescence Education major. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life, and the entire Lavery Library Staff!
Turner has a unique influence on the St. John Fisher College community as President of the Student Government Association (SGA). In that role, he is responsible for constant interaction with students, faculty, staff, and administration. He is also an ex officio member of the Board of Trustees. Aside from his responsibilities as SGA President, Turner has also served as a Peer Advisor and Student Orientation Coordinator.
His influence on the campus goes deeper than attending meetings. Last year as Director of Student Services, Turner was a member of the Library Committee and assisted them with renovation ideas as well as outreach programs to students. As a result, the committee has been able to implement a number of successful outreach programs.
“Among other things, Matt is the most responsible and responsive student we’ve ever met. If we ask Matt a question to do something and he can’t do it, he makes sure to find someone who can,” said the Library staff in the nomination.
As the advisor to SGA, Rodgers has had the opportunity to interact on a daily basis with Turner.
“The thing I will remember most about Matthew is his desire to want to help others learn and be the best they can be,” he said.
Meet this week’s senior, Matthew Turner! Best of luck to you!
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference