Countdown to Commencement: Matthew Turner
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthew Turner, a History and Adolescence Education major. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life, and the entire Lavery Library Staff!
Turner has a unique influence on the St. John Fisher College community as President of the Student Government Association (SGA). In that role, he is responsible for constant interaction with students, faculty, staff, and administration. He is also an ex officio member of the Board of Trustees. Aside from his responsibilities as SGA President, Turner has also served as a Peer Advisor and Student Orientation Coordinator.
His influence on the campus goes deeper than attending meetings. Last year as Director of Student Services, Turner was a member of the Library Committee and assisted them with renovation ideas as well as outreach programs to students. As a result, the committee has been able to implement a number of successful outreach programs.
“Among other things, Matt is the most responsible and responsive student we’ve ever met. If we ask Matt a question to do something and he can’t do it, he makes sure to find someone who can,” said the Library staff in the nomination.
As the advisor to SGA, Rodgers has had the opportunity to interact on a daily basis with Turner.
“The thing I will remember most about Matthew is his desire to want to help others learn and be the best they can be,” he said.
Meet this week’s senior, Matthew Turner! Best of luck to you!
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes