Countdown to Commencement: Matthew Turner
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthew Turner, a History and Adolescence Education major. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life, and the entire Lavery Library Staff!
Turner has a unique influence on the St. John Fisher College community as President of the Student Government Association (SGA). In that role, he is responsible for constant interaction with students, faculty, staff, and administration. He is also an ex officio member of the Board of Trustees. Aside from his responsibilities as SGA President, Turner has also served as a Peer Advisor and Student Orientation Coordinator.
His influence on the campus goes deeper than attending meetings. Last year as Director of Student Services, Turner was a member of the Library Committee and assisted them with renovation ideas as well as outreach programs to students. As a result, the committee has been able to implement a number of successful outreach programs.
“Among other things, Matt is the most responsible and responsive student we’ve ever met. If we ask Matt a question to do something and he can’t do it, he makes sure to find someone who can,” said the Library staff in the nomination.
As the advisor to SGA, Rodgers has had the opportunity to interact on a daily basis with Turner.
“The thing I will remember most about Matthew is his desire to want to help others learn and be the best they can be,” he said.
Meet this week’s senior, Matthew Turner! Best of luck to you!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization