Fall and Fun on Family Weekend, October 4-6
Students – save your laundry and make a list of care package items, Family Weekend is right around the corner!
The annual Family Weekend will take place October 4-6, and families will find a mix of down time, quality time, and great entertainment while they are on campus. The weekend is packed with a wide variety of family-friendly activities, suitable for the young and the old.
To kick off the weekend, the Student Activities Board (SAB) will host Casino Night beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Friday evening in Cleary Family Auditorium. Gather (and gamble) with other Fisher families for a night of casino-fun, Fisher style, with play money but real prizes.
Get a taste of Fisher at family brunch Saturday morning, offered from 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Ward-Haffey Dining Hall. The Fisher Authors Highlight event will take place in the College Bookstore from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and will feature literary and academic publishing of the College’s faculty and staff. Publications, along with other works, will be on display and available for purchase.
Fisher Athletics will have a busy Saturday as well, with three College teams playing at home. Beginning at 11:00 a.m., the field hockey team will play against Washington and Jefferson at the Polisseni Track and Field Complex. Then catch the baseball team face Finger Lakes Community College starting at noon at Dugan Yard. And at 2:00, the football team will take the field against Frostburg State University at Growney Stadium.
During the football game, families can enjoy the Hospitality Tent on Keating Terrace starting at 1:30 p.m. Sponsored by the Class of 2015, the Office of Campus Life, and the Fisher Fund, several of Fisher’s student organizations will be participating in various activities, including family games and other organization fundraisers.
After dinner at 8:00 p.m., join the Class of 2015, SAB, and the Office of Campus Life for a night of music by Preston Pugmire and magic with James David in Cleary Family Auditorium. You’ll find free food there too!
The weekend will wind down Sunday morning starting with a JV men’s soccer game against Finger Lakes Community College at 10:00 a.m. at Growney Stadium.
Then, beginning at 11:00, families can enjoy a Murder Mystery Brunch event, hosted by Fisher Players. Music, fun, and murder, for just $5.00 per person, starting at 11:00 a.m. in Cleary Family Auditorium.
Family Weekend check-in will take place at the Campus Center Manager's Desk from 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. on Friday, October 4, and continue from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5. Families who check in prior to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5, will receive a free gift.
While many of the activities are free to attend, there are a few that require registration and/or the purchase of tickets. Information to register for events and purchase tickets is available by using the Family Weekend Online Order Form.
The deadline for advance ticket orders is Monday, September 30, 2013. For orders received by Friday, September 27, tickets will be mailed. All others will be available for pickup at Family Weekend check-in (Campus Center Manager’s Desk).
For more information about the 2013 Family Weekend, visit the Office of Campus Life website.
Latest College News Stories
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture