Fall and Fun on Family Weekend, October 4-6
Students – save your laundry and make a list of care package items, Family Weekend is right around the corner!
The annual Family Weekend will take place October 4-6, and families will find a mix of down time, quality time, and great entertainment while they are on campus. The weekend is packed with a wide variety of family-friendly activities, suitable for the young and the old.
To kick off the weekend, the Student Activities Board (SAB) will host Casino Night beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Friday evening in Cleary Family Auditorium. Gather (and gamble) with other Fisher families for a night of casino-fun, Fisher style, with play money but real prizes.
Get a taste of Fisher at family brunch Saturday morning, offered from 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Ward-Haffey Dining Hall. The Fisher Authors Highlight event will take place in the College Bookstore from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and will feature literary and academic publishing of the College’s faculty and staff. Publications, along with other works, will be on display and available for purchase.
Fisher Athletics will have a busy Saturday as well, with three College teams playing at home. Beginning at 11:00 a.m., the field hockey team will play against Washington and Jefferson at the Polisseni Track and Field Complex. Then catch the baseball team face Finger Lakes Community College starting at noon at Dugan Yard. And at 2:00, the football team will take the field against Frostburg State University at Growney Stadium.
During the football game, families can enjoy the Hospitality Tent on Keating Terrace starting at 1:30 p.m. Sponsored by the Class of 2015, the Office of Campus Life, and the Fisher Fund, several of Fisher’s student organizations will be participating in various activities, including family games and other organization fundraisers.
After dinner at 8:00 p.m., join the Class of 2015, SAB, and the Office of Campus Life for a night of music by Preston Pugmire and magic with James David in Cleary Family Auditorium. You’ll find free food there too!
The weekend will wind down Sunday morning starting with a JV men’s soccer game against Finger Lakes Community College at 10:00 a.m. at Growney Stadium.
Then, beginning at 11:00, families can enjoy a Murder Mystery Brunch event, hosted by Fisher Players. Music, fun, and murder, for just $5.00 per person, starting at 11:00 a.m. in Cleary Family Auditorium.
Family Weekend check-in will take place at the Campus Center Manager's Desk from 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. on Friday, October 4, and continue from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5. Families who check in prior to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5, will receive a free gift.
While many of the activities are free to attend, there are a few that require registration and/or the purchase of tickets. Information to register for events and purchase tickets is available by using the Family Weekend Online Order Form.
The deadline for advance ticket orders is Monday, September 30, 2013. For orders received by Friday, September 27, tickets will be mailed. All others will be available for pickup at Family Weekend check-in (Campus Center Manager’s Desk).
For more information about the 2013 Family Weekend, visit the Office of Campus Life website.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation