Sweetheart Ball is a Sweet Success
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) and residents of The Friendly Home celebrated Valentine’s Day together with the annual Sweetheart Ball.
Nearly 30 student volunteers prepared for the event for weeks, sending formal invitations to each resident and decorating the Home’s auditorium. The music featured old and new songs that catered to both generations, and a pair of professional ballroom dancers taught students the fox trot, cha-cha, the waltz, and other popular dances the residents grew up with.
“The Sweetheart Ball is a wonderful intergenerational opportunity where young people and seniors are engaged, not only sharing music and dance but creating memories of a special time with new friends,” said Janet Tiefel, Recreation Director at The Friendly Home.
At the end of the event, students handed out single carnations to all of the residents.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence