Sweetheart Ball is a Sweet Success
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) and residents of The Friendly Home celebrated Valentine’s Day together with the annual Sweetheart Ball.
Nearly 30 student volunteers prepared for the event for weeks, sending formal invitations to each resident and decorating the Home’s auditorium. The music featured old and new songs that catered to both generations, and a pair of professional ballroom dancers taught students the fox trot, cha-cha, the waltz, and other popular dances the residents grew up with.
“The Sweetheart Ball is a wonderful intergenerational opportunity where young people and seniors are engaged, not only sharing music and dance but creating memories of a special time with new friends,” said Janet Tiefel, Recreation Director at The Friendly Home.
At the end of the event, students handed out single carnations to all of the residents.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students