Sweetheart Ball is a Sweet Success
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) and residents of The Friendly Home celebrated Valentine’s Day together with the annual Sweetheart Ball.
Nearly 30 student volunteers prepared for the event for weeks, sending formal invitations to each resident and decorating the Home’s auditorium. The music featured old and new songs that catered to both generations, and a pair of professional ballroom dancers taught students the fox trot, cha-cha, the waltz, and other popular dances the residents grew up with.
“The Sweetheart Ball is a wonderful intergenerational opportunity where young people and seniors are engaged, not only sharing music and dance but creating memories of a special time with new friends,” said Janet Tiefel, Recreation Director at The Friendly Home.
At the end of the event, students handed out single carnations to all of the residents.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance