Sweetheart Ball is a Sweet Success
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) and residents of The Friendly Home celebrated Valentine’s Day together with the annual Sweetheart Ball.
Nearly 30 student volunteers prepared for the event for weeks, sending formal invitations to each resident and decorating the Home’s auditorium. The music featured old and new songs that catered to both generations, and a pair of professional ballroom dancers taught students the fox trot, cha-cha, the waltz, and other popular dances the residents grew up with.
“The Sweetheart Ball is a wonderful intergenerational opportunity where young people and seniors are engaged, not only sharing music and dance but creating memories of a special time with new friends,” said Janet Tiefel, Recreation Director at The Friendly Home.
At the end of the event, students handed out single carnations to all of the residents.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Case Competition Brings Sports, Statistics Together
- Campus to Hold “Four Freedoms Week”
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Social Media Conference Features Fisher Professor
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend