St. John Fisher College Names Dr. Randall Krieg as New Provost and Dean
St. John Fisher College has appointed Dr. Randall Krieg as the new Provost and Dean of the College, effective July 1.
In his role at Fisher, Krieg will be the Chief Academic Officer with responsibility for academic leadership and administration in the areas of planning, developing, implementing, and assessing all academic programs and services. He will provide leadership and supervision for the College’s School of Arts and Sciences; School of Business; Wegmans School of Nursing; Wegmans School of Pharmacy; the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education; Office of the Registrar; Career Services; Lavery Library; and Academic Opportunity Programs. In addition, he will be a member of the President’s Cabinet and the Senior Staff.
“We’re delighted to have an individual of Randall Krieg’s caliber join the ranks of Fisher’s executive administration,” said Donald E. Bain, President of St. John Fisher College. “Dr. Krieg’s experience and talents are an excellent match for the academic leadership needs of the College.”
Krieg comes to Fisher from Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, where he served as Dean of the College since 2007. From 2003 until 2007, he held several positions of increasing importance at St. Joseph’s College New York, culminating in his role as Academic Dean of Arts and Sciences.
Prior to St. Joseph’s College New York, he was with the University of Mary in Bismarck, North Dakota, where he was a Professor in the Business Division, Director of Graduate Programs, and Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs – positions he held simultaneously from 2000-2003.
During his thirteen-year tenure at the University of Northern Iowa, from 1987 until 2000, he rose through the academic ranks, from assistant professor to full professor in the Department of Economics.
Throughout his academic career, Krieg has had direct experience in online education, service-learning, diversity and multicultural affairs, and experiential education. He also has prior experience in strategic planning, assessment, and accreditation self-studies.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain