Family Weekend Fast Approaching
The 2012 Family Weekend - October 19-21 - is right around the corner, and families are sure to find little down time and great quality time. The weekend is packed with a variety of family-friendly activities, and will offer something for everyone.
An annual favorite, Casino Night, hosted by the Student Activities Board (SAB), will kick off the weekend on Friday evening. Gather with other Fisher families for a night of casino-fun, Fisher style, with play money but real prizes.
On Saturday, brunch will be offered from 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Ward/Haffey Dining Hall. The Fisher Authors Highlight event will take place in the College Bookstore from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and will feature literary and academic publishing of the College’s faculty and staff. Publications, along with other works, will be on display and available for purchase.
Beginning at noon, the men’s soccer team will take on Stevens College at the Polisseni Track and Field Complex.
At 4:00 p.m., the Fisher football team will hit Growney Stadium and face Ithaca College. Tickets are $5.00 each for adults, and $3.00 each for students with college ID or younger. Children 6 years and under and Fisher students with ID will get in free.
The Hospitality Tent on the Keating Terrace in the stadium begins at 3:30 p.m. Sponsored by the Class of 2014, several of Fisher’s student organizations will be participating in various activities including the annual Banner Competition, family games, and other organization fundraisers.
Families are then invited to join the Muslim Student Association and the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for a Fast-a-thon at 7:00 p.m., where the Qur'an will be presented in various melodies and modes of recitation. See the diverse traditions and activities our campus boasts and, of course, enjoy delicious ethnic cuisine. This program is free for attendees.
And what would October be without a scare? Join the Resident Student Association for the Haunted Walk at 8:00 p.m., starting behind Murphy Hall. It has become a traditional Halloween event, in which the Fisher Golf Course is transformed for an evening of fright. Refreshments start at 7:30 p.m. Beware!
The weekend will wind down Sunday morning with a Murder Mystery event, hosted by Fisher Players. Families are invited to travel back in time to the roaring 20s at a popular juice joint and try and answer the question, “Who did it?” Tickets are $5.00 per person, and Fisher students are free with ID. The murder will be committed at 11:00 a.m. in the Cleary Family Auditorium.
Family Weekend check-in will take place at the Campus Center Manager’s Desk from 7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m. on Friday, October 19, and continue from 9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 20.
For information about all of the weekend’s activities, visit the Office of Campus Life website.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program