Ikpeze Publishes in Education Journal
Dr. Chinwe Ikpeze, Assistant Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently published an article in the Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research.
The article was entitled “Increasing Urban Students’ Engagement with School: Toward the Expeditionary Learning Model.” The article documented the findings of a case study of an expeditionary learning school in Rochester. Ikpeze collected data from student survey, interviews, field notes, classroom observation, and other school activities. The study revealed that expeditionary learning was successful in this particular school because of the school culture, structure, teachers’ commitment, and community engagement. This implies that urban school reform hinges on choosing the right school reform model, committed teachers and an engaging curriculum.
The Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research is a publication of the American Education Research Association’s Special Interest Group Urban Learning, Teaching, and Research which promotes collaborative development and dissemination of its members' achievements in research and professional practice in urban learning and teaching.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year