Ikpeze Publishes in Education Journal
Dr. Chinwe Ikpeze, Assistant Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently published an article in the Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research.
The article was entitled “Increasing Urban Students’ Engagement with School: Toward the Expeditionary Learning Model.” The article documented the findings of a case study of an expeditionary learning school in Rochester. Ikpeze collected data from student survey, interviews, field notes, classroom observation, and other school activities. The study revealed that expeditionary learning was successful in this particular school because of the school culture, structure, teachers’ commitment, and community engagement. This implies that urban school reform hinges on choosing the right school reform model, committed teachers and an engaging curriculum.
The Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research is a publication of the American Education Research Association’s Special Interest Group Urban Learning, Teaching, and Research which promotes collaborative development and dissemination of its members' achievements in research and professional practice in urban learning and teaching.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair