Ikpeze Publishes in Education Journal
Dr. Chinwe Ikpeze, Assistant Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently published an article in the Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research.
The article was entitled “Increasing Urban Students’ Engagement with School: Toward the Expeditionary Learning Model.” The article documented the findings of a case study of an expeditionary learning school in Rochester. Ikpeze collected data from student survey, interviews, field notes, classroom observation, and other school activities. The study revealed that expeditionary learning was successful in this particular school because of the school culture, structure, teachers’ commitment, and community engagement. This implies that urban school reform hinges on choosing the right school reform model, committed teachers and an engaging curriculum.
The Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research is a publication of the American Education Research Association’s Special Interest Group Urban Learning, Teaching, and Research which promotes collaborative development and dissemination of its members' achievements in research and professional practice in urban learning and teaching.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes