Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
During the last week of July, students and faculty from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy participated in a domestic service trip with Global Volunteers.
Dr. Mindy Lull, Assistant Professor, traveled with students Mark Besley, Dyanna Diaz, Caitlin Kerr, Nick Callara, Danielle Dunn, Janis Connor, and Erin Beitz and eight others from across the country to the Blackfeet Reservation in northern Montana for the second time. During the week, they volunteered at the Eagle Shield Senior Center, Blackfeet Care Center, Boys and Girls Club, and the International Traditional Games Society.
They also had an opportunity to participate in the North American Indian Days celebration, an annual gathering of Native American tribes from across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. Volunteers not only set up for the event, but had a chance to observe and participate in many cultural events.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study