Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
Nationally-ranked St. John Fisher College advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Football Championship with a convincing 27-6 win at previously unbeaten Hobart College on Saturday.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall, marking the fifth time in the last 10 years the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column. It is the fourth consecutive time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8 (2006, 2007, and 2011) in NCAA action. The victory also marks the second consecutive week Fisher has knocked off a top 10 team. Fisher, ranked 25th in the final regular season D3football.com poll, beat No. 8 Hobart this week after rallying last week from a 13-0 deficit to win 25-16 at No. 9 John Carroll University.
Fisher will travel to Belton, Texas, to face the No. 3 Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders (12-0) in the NCAA Division III Football Championship quarterfinals. Kickoff is scheduled for Saturday, December 7, at 12 p.m. CST (1 p.m. EST).
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum