The Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2017 Receives White Coats in Weekend Ceremony
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College held a white coat ceremony on Sunday, January 12, to officially mark the entrance of the Class of 2017 into the profession. In this “rite of passage,” 82 students received a white coat symbolizing their successful admission into the School of Pharmacy.
Dean Scott Swigart welcomed the students, along with their friends and family to the ceremony, and congratulated them for successfully completing their first semester.
The keynote speaker was Dr. Cori Wyman, Consulting Clinical Pharmacist Certified Diabetes Educator for the Greater Rochester Independent Practice Association (GRIPA). Wyman joined GRIPA in 2007 and is responsible for optimizing medication therapy, educating patients, and collaborating with physicians on disease management. In addition, she serves as a preceptor for doctor of pharmacy students, develops clinical guidelines and measurement systems, and participates in multidisciplinary teams to enhance and grow GRIPA. She earned her Bachelor and Doctor of Pharmacy degrees at the University of Buffalo in 1995 and 2003. Prior to joining GRIPA, she was the Coordinator of Ambulatory Care Services at Metcare Rx Pharmaceutical Services Group. She also currently has clinical appointments at numerous pharmacy schools including the University at Buffalo, the University of Colorado Denver, and Fisher.
After the students received their white coat, Dr. Alex DeLucenay, Assistant Professor and member of the School of Pharmacy’s Class of 2010, led them in the recitation of the Pharmacist’s Oath.
The pharmacy students who received white coats are:
Aaron Ajegba, Susan Al-Salameh, Joseph Aladeen, Haroutune Alahaydoian, Seth Amidon, Neil Anderson, Nicholas Barilla, Allan Batalier, Erin Beitz, Lauren Bowser, Kevin Callahan, Aubrey Campbell, Maria Caraballo, Sarah Caternolo, Carly Coms, MacKenzie Crist, Susan DeNapoli, Elizabeth Dennie, Michael Dineen, Seda Donmez, Bradley Eisenberg, Pejman Farrokh, Catherine Felberbaum, Erin Filkins, Steven Fishel, Nina Fong, Yakov Fridman, Jeff Gasbarre, Nathan Gear, Kaleigh Griffin, Katlynn Gwilt, Max Hartnett, Kevin Heacock, Jonathan Hughes, Elida Iskandarova, Amanda Izzo, Caitlyn Janiszewski, Tanya Kelly, Hillary Kelsen, Talayeh Khoshab, David Kim, Ana Lai, Dianne Lee, Samantha Leistman, Vinh Luong, Lauren Malara, Alexandra Mancuso, Jennifer Mappus, Samantha Marsala, John Marvin, Kayleigh Matesic, Eboni McClain, Anna Nietupski, Samantha Noone, Stephen Pavente, Breanne Peterson, Matthew Phelps, Leslie Radka, Jonathan Redlinski, Jillian Rice, Bridgitte Richardson, Stacy Roche, Emily Rosenberg, Christina Sanborn, Luke Sanna, Jessica Saxum, Ryan Schoepfel, Drew Seidel, Nishit Shah, Christopher Skarbelis, Karissa Stoyell, Tierney Sullivan, Lyla Tan, Michael Tarver, Ryan Thomas, Stacy Wicks, Kara Wilcox, Angelica Wisniewski, Stephany Wong, Kaiwen Wu, Leo Xue, and Susie Yang.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference