Students Meet the Irish St. John Fisher
The first semester of the Fisher in Galway program is well underway, and students are getting the opportunity to take in a lot of Irish culture outside of the classroom.
On February 12, Dr. Tim Madigan, who is teaching in the program this semester, took the Fisher and Hobart and William Smith Colleges students to see Irish stage, film, and television actor Bosco Hogan in a play at the Galway Town Hall Theatre called “My Brother Peter.” The play is a musical theater piece about Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s brother, performed with the Irish Chamber Orchestra.
Hogan has also played the role of St. John Fisher in the Irish-Canadian historical fiction television series "The Tudors."
Dr. Madigan and students posing with Bosco Hogan.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”