Students Meet the Irish St. John Fisher
The first semester of the Fisher in Galway program is well underway, and students are getting the opportunity to take in a lot of Irish culture outside of the classroom.
On February 12, Dr. Tim Madigan, who is teaching in the program this semester, took the Fisher and Hobart and William Smith Colleges students to see Irish stage, film, and television actor Bosco Hogan in a play at the Galway Town Hall Theatre called “My Brother Peter.” The play is a musical theater piece about Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s brother, performed with the Irish Chamber Orchestra.
Hogan has also played the role of St. John Fisher in the Irish-Canadian historical fiction television series "The Tudors."
Dr. Madigan and students posing with Bosco Hogan.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher