Students Meet the Irish St. John Fisher
The first semester of the Fisher in Galway program is well underway, and students are getting the opportunity to take in a lot of Irish culture outside of the classroom.
On February 12, Dr. Tim Madigan, who is teaching in the program this semester, took the Fisher and Hobart and William Smith Colleges students to see Irish stage, film, and television actor Bosco Hogan in a play at the Galway Town Hall Theatre called “My Brother Peter.” The play is a musical theater piece about Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s brother, performed with the Irish Chamber Orchestra.
Hogan has also played the role of St. John Fisher in the Irish-Canadian historical fiction television series "The Tudors."
Dr. Madigan and students posing with Bosco Hogan.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors