Students Meet the Irish St. John Fisher
The first semester of the Fisher in Galway program is well underway, and students are getting the opportunity to take in a lot of Irish culture outside of the classroom.
On February 12, Dr. Tim Madigan, who is teaching in the program this semester, took the Fisher and Hobart and William Smith Colleges students to see Irish stage, film, and television actor Bosco Hogan in a play at the Galway Town Hall Theatre called “My Brother Peter.” The play is a musical theater piece about Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s brother, performed with the Irish Chamber Orchestra.
Hogan has also played the role of St. John Fisher in the Irish-Canadian historical fiction television series "The Tudors."
Dr. Madigan and students posing with Bosco Hogan.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced