Students Meet the Irish St. John Fisher
The first semester of the Fisher in Galway program is well underway, and students are getting the opportunity to take in a lot of Irish culture outside of the classroom.
On February 12, Dr. Tim Madigan, who is teaching in the program this semester, took the Fisher and Hobart and William Smith Colleges students to see Irish stage, film, and television actor Bosco Hogan in a play at the Galway Town Hall Theatre called “My Brother Peter.” The play is a musical theater piece about Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s brother, performed with the Irish Chamber Orchestra.
Hogan has also played the role of St. John Fisher in the Irish-Canadian historical fiction television series "The Tudors."
Dr. Madigan and students posing with Bosco Hogan.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain