Fisher Well-Represented at 2013 Assessment Institute
Dr. Jane Souza, Dr. Cathy Sweet, Nancy Greco, and Melissa Jadlos attended the 2013 Assessment Institute in Indianapolis, Indiana, from October 27-29. The institute was attended by over 1,000 assessment professionals and faculty.
Souza served as presenter for two different presentations entitled “Using Embedded Assessments to Track Accreditation Standards and Generate Evidence-Based Curriculum Maps” and “Empowering Students with Assessment Data.” Greco and Jadlos did a poster presentation, “Assessing Critical Thinking Skills in First-Semester Freshmen: A Cross-Departmental Approach.” And Sweet, Greco, and Jadlos also presented, “Closing the Mobius Loop: Creating a New Approach to the Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes Through Interdepartmental Collaborations.”
The Assessment Institute in Indianapolis is the nation’s oldest and largest event focused exclusively on outcomes assessment in higher education.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems