President Hosts President’s Student Advisory Board Luncheon
Dr. Bain hosted a luncheon with members of the President’s Student Advisory Board (PSAB) on Tuesday, October 23.
The Board was organized by Dr. Bain in 2004, and represents a broad range of student interests, including voting members of the Student Government Association and representatives from numerous student organizations. The group meets up to six times every academic year, and the representatives have the chance to share achievements, concerns, and other insights with the President.
“I’ve found it to be an excellent way to keep current in the lives, activities, and plans of these outstanding young men and women,” said Dr. Bain. “In most instances, they must be elected to the offices they hold. This takes a strong commitment on their part to become involved in student life and to be a valued participant in College affairs.”
Members of the 2012-13 Board are: Matt Turner, SGA President; Emily Back, SGA VP of Operations and Student Activities Board (SAB) Representative; John Eaves, SGA VP for Finance; Nicole Henry, SGA Director of Marketing; Stephen Pavente, SGA VP of Operations; Sara Perrone, SGA Secretary; Maria Siler, SGA Director of Finance; Brandon Smith, SGA VP of Clubs and Organizations; Brett Vergara, SGA VP of Student Affairs; Anthony Benson, President, Commuter Council; Matt Hawkins, President, Resident Student Association; Rebecca Clark, President, SAB; Julie Moslow, President, Class of 2013; Cody Miller, President, Class of 2014; Aidan Evans, President, Class of 2015; Alessandra Grillo, President, Class of 2016; and Tyana Velazquez, Diversity Club Representative.
The group’s last meeting of the spring semester is a dinner at the President’s House.
“Listening to student’s talk about upcoming summer work plans and graduating seniors’ future plans is a wonderful way to conclude the academic year,” said Dr. Bain.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Football Marches on in NCAAs with Win Over Hobart
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum
- Mammano to be Honored as Citizen of the Year
- Cardinals Crush Courage Bowl IX
- Lavigne Selected for Strategic Planning Committee
- Schlosser Presents to Association for Middle Level Educators