Math Students Present Undergraduate Research
St. John Fisher College Mathematics majors Erin Weld and Christopher Manzella presented their undergraduate research work at the 20th Annual Hudson River Undergraduate Mathematics Conference at Williams College in Williamstown, MA, on April 6.
The students were accompanied by Dr. Ryan Gantner, Chair of the Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences. Weld presented her work on the expected duration of Chutes and Ladders, and Manzella presented his work on infinity-nested radicals. Both students conducted their research projects for their mathematics capstone experience.
The conference featured presentations from undergraduate students from all over the northeast, along with a keynote address by a Princeton professor.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students