Math Students Present Undergraduate Research
St. John Fisher College Mathematics majors Erin Weld and Christopher Manzella presented their undergraduate research work at the 20th Annual Hudson River Undergraduate Mathematics Conference at Williams College in Williamstown, MA, on April 6.
The students were accompanied by Dr. Ryan Gantner, Chair of the Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences. Weld presented her work on the expected duration of Chutes and Ladders, and Manzella presented his work on infinity-nested radicals. Both students conducted their research projects for their mathematics capstone experience.
The conference featured presentations from undergraduate students from all over the northeast, along with a keynote address by a Princeton professor.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain