Kozan Publishes Two Articles
Dr. Kamil Kozan, Professor of Management in the School of Business, recently had two articles published in internationally read trade publications.
"Bases of Power and Conflict Intervention Strategy," was published in International Journal of Conflict Management. The article focuses on Kozan’s study which found that managers with charismatic power use mediation in handling conflicts among subordinates. But, when the conflicts escalate, managers are likely to use reward power and resort to more intrusive methods like arbitration. Subordinate satisfaction is highest with mediation, and training of managers in early and continued mediation is advised for better workplace conflict management.
His second article, "Role of Strong versus Weak Networks in Small Business Growth in an Emerging Economy," was published in Administrative Sciences, and argues that in an emerging economy, entrepreneurs rely on a closely knit network of friends and family more than a loose network of banks, financiers, or consultants.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference