School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner
On Wednesday, May 15, the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education hosted the Professional Development Schools (PDS) Celebration Dinner to thank representatives for another year of partnerships benefiting Fisher education students. A total of 30 representatives from PDSs attended.
PDSs are innovative institutions formed through partnerships between professional education programs and P-12 schools, and support professional and student learning through the use of an inquiry-oriented approach to teaching.
The mission of these partnerships is to prepare new teachers and other educators, support professional development, support inquiry directed at the improvement of professional practice, and improve student learning.
During the dinner, representatives from Nathaniel Hawthorne School No. 25 were presented with a certificate recognizing their long-standing partnership with Fisher.
“I appreciate all that the School of Education does for my little ones and for my building. It makes a difference in the lives of your students and mine,” said Deborah Lazio ’02, School No. 25 Principal.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company