School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner
On Wednesday, May 15, the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education hosted the Professional Development Schools (PDS) Celebration Dinner to thank representatives for another year of partnerships benefiting Fisher education students. A total of 30 representatives from PDSs attended.
PDSs are innovative institutions formed through partnerships between professional education programs and P-12 schools, and support professional and student learning through the use of an inquiry-oriented approach to teaching.
The mission of these partnerships is to prepare new teachers and other educators, support professional development, support inquiry directed at the improvement of professional practice, and improve student learning.
During the dinner, representatives from Nathaniel Hawthorne School No. 25 were presented with a certificate recognizing their long-standing partnership with Fisher.
“I appreciate all that the School of Education does for my little ones and for my building. It makes a difference in the lives of your students and mine,” said Deborah Lazio ’02, School No. 25 Principal.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair