School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner
On Wednesday, May 15, the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education hosted the Professional Development Schools (PDS) Celebration Dinner to thank representatives for another year of partnerships benefiting Fisher education students. A total of 30 representatives from PDSs attended.
PDSs are innovative institutions formed through partnerships between professional education programs and P-12 schools, and support professional and student learning through the use of an inquiry-oriented approach to teaching.
The mission of these partnerships is to prepare new teachers and other educators, support professional development, support inquiry directed at the improvement of professional practice, and improve student learning.
During the dinner, representatives from Nathaniel Hawthorne School No. 25 were presented with a certificate recognizing their long-standing partnership with Fisher.
“I appreciate all that the School of Education does for my little ones and for my building. It makes a difference in the lives of your students and mine,” said Deborah Lazio ’02, School No. 25 Principal.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video