School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner
On Wednesday, May 15, the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education hosted the Professional Development Schools (PDS) Celebration Dinner to thank representatives for another year of partnerships benefiting Fisher education students. A total of 30 representatives from PDSs attended.
PDSs are innovative institutions formed through partnerships between professional education programs and P-12 schools, and support professional and student learning through the use of an inquiry-oriented approach to teaching.
The mission of these partnerships is to prepare new teachers and other educators, support professional development, support inquiry directed at the improvement of professional practice, and improve student learning.
During the dinner, representatives from Nathaniel Hawthorne School No. 25 were presented with a certificate recognizing their long-standing partnership with Fisher.
“I appreciate all that the School of Education does for my little ones and for my building. It makes a difference in the lives of your students and mine,” said Deborah Lazio ’02, School No. 25 Principal.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher