School of Nursing Celebrates Seniors, Presents Class Gift
On Tuesday, May 7, members of the Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013 gathered for the annual Senior Award Luncheon in Cleary Auditorium to honor classmates and reveal the beneficiary of the class gift.
Faculty presented awards to eight students who were nominated by their peers.
The “Caring Award - Teach Me Goodness,” given to the student who continually provides emotional and physical support to both student colleagues and patients regardless of circumstances, was presented to Jill Brown (1st cohort) and Molly Oliver (2nd cohort).
The “Mentorship Award - Teach me Discipline” is given to the student who conducts him/herself in a professional and proficient manner in both theory and practice. The 2013 recipients were Tim Ford and Caley Manual (1st cohort), along with Meghan Brown and Rachel Marino (2nd cohort).
And the “Spirit Award - Teach me Knowledge,” is given to the student who shows dedication to the profession of nursing as evidenced by his/her positive attitude toward learning and excitement to provide for others. This award was presented to Righat Nizghi (1st cohort) and Amie Johnson (2nd cohort).
Faculty also announced that Molly Oliver was elected to be the student speaker at this year’s recognition ceremony.
The luncheon concluded with a surprise $500.00 donation to Sacred Valley Health in Peru, an organization the Wegmans School of Nursing partners with to afford students global clinical opportunities. The funds were raised by the class and presented as the class gift via Skype to the Sacred Valley Health program director in Peru.
2013 award winners.
Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International