School of Nursing Celebrates Seniors, Presents Class Gift
On Tuesday, May 7, members of the Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013 gathered for the annual Senior Award Luncheon in Cleary Auditorium to honor classmates and reveal the beneficiary of the class gift.
Faculty presented awards to eight students who were nominated by their peers.
The “Caring Award - Teach Me Goodness,” given to the student who continually provides emotional and physical support to both student colleagues and patients regardless of circumstances, was presented to Jill Brown (1st cohort) and Molly Oliver (2nd cohort).
The “Mentorship Award - Teach me Discipline” is given to the student who conducts him/herself in a professional and proficient manner in both theory and practice. The 2013 recipients were Tim Ford and Caley Manual (1st cohort), along with Meghan Brown and Rachel Marino (2nd cohort).
And the “Spirit Award - Teach me Knowledge,” is given to the student who shows dedication to the profession of nursing as evidenced by his/her positive attitude toward learning and excitement to provide for others. This award was presented to Righat Nizghi (1st cohort) and Amie Johnson (2nd cohort).
Faculty also announced that Molly Oliver was elected to be the student speaker at this year’s recognition ceremony.
The luncheon concluded with a surprise $500.00 donation to Sacred Valley Health in Peru, an organization the Wegmans School of Nursing partners with to afford students global clinical opportunities. The funds were raised by the class and presented as the class gift via Skype to the Sacred Valley Health program director in Peru.
2013 award winners.
Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems