School of Nursing Celebrates Seniors, Presents Class Gift
On Tuesday, May 7, members of the Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013 gathered for the annual Senior Award Luncheon in Cleary Auditorium to honor classmates and reveal the beneficiary of the class gift.
Faculty presented awards to eight students who were nominated by their peers.
The “Caring Award - Teach Me Goodness,” given to the student who continually provides emotional and physical support to both student colleagues and patients regardless of circumstances, was presented to Jill Brown (1st cohort) and Molly Oliver (2nd cohort).
The “Mentorship Award - Teach me Discipline” is given to the student who conducts him/herself in a professional and proficient manner in both theory and practice. The 2013 recipients were Tim Ford and Caley Manual (1st cohort), along with Meghan Brown and Rachel Marino (2nd cohort).
And the “Spirit Award - Teach me Knowledge,” is given to the student who shows dedication to the profession of nursing as evidenced by his/her positive attitude toward learning and excitement to provide for others. This award was presented to Righat Nizghi (1st cohort) and Amie Johnson (2nd cohort).
Faculty also announced that Molly Oliver was elected to be the student speaker at this year’s recognition ceremony.
The luncheon concluded with a surprise $500.00 donation to Sacred Valley Health in Peru, an organization the Wegmans School of Nursing partners with to afford students global clinical opportunities. The funds were raised by the class and presented as the class gift via Skype to the Sacred Valley Health program director in Peru.
2013 award winners.
Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013.
Latest College News Stories
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture