School of Nursing Celebrates Seniors, Presents Class Gift
On Tuesday, May 7, members of the Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013 gathered for the annual Senior Award Luncheon in Cleary Auditorium to honor classmates and reveal the beneficiary of the class gift.
Faculty presented awards to eight students who were nominated by their peers.
The “Caring Award - Teach Me Goodness,” given to the student who continually provides emotional and physical support to both student colleagues and patients regardless of circumstances, was presented to Jill Brown (1st cohort) and Molly Oliver (2nd cohort).
The “Mentorship Award - Teach me Discipline” is given to the student who conducts him/herself in a professional and proficient manner in both theory and practice. The 2013 recipients were Tim Ford and Caley Manual (1st cohort), along with Meghan Brown and Rachel Marino (2nd cohort).
And the “Spirit Award - Teach me Knowledge,” is given to the student who shows dedication to the profession of nursing as evidenced by his/her positive attitude toward learning and excitement to provide for others. This award was presented to Righat Nizghi (1st cohort) and Amie Johnson (2nd cohort).
Faculty also announced that Molly Oliver was elected to be the student speaker at this year’s recognition ceremony.
The luncheon concluded with a surprise $500.00 donation to Sacred Valley Health in Peru, an organization the Wegmans School of Nursing partners with to afford students global clinical opportunities. The funds were raised by the class and presented as the class gift via Skype to the Sacred Valley Health program director in Peru.
2013 award winners.
Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced