Countdown to Commencement: Matthew Berry
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthew Berry, a Political Science major and Communication/Journalism and American Studies minor. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Berry has soaked up all sorts of opportunities at Fisher and has immersed himself in the community. He is extremely involved, currently serving as the senior advisor to the Spring Event Committee that will be bringing Phillip Phillips to campus April 25, and he is also a Resident Assistant and the Senior Class Senator.
His involvement doesn’t stop there. He is former Student Government Association President, a role he filled in his junior year, and Director of Student Services. Through all of his involvement, he has been able to interact with and advocate for a number of students on campus.
The Fisher community missed Berry in the fall when he was studying in Washington D.C. and interning in Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s office. His incredible work ethic and charisma served him well in his internship, and he is currently interning in the College’s Office of Admissions.
Aside from his ability to catch gummy bears in his mouth at any distance, Berry has incredible passion for helping others that will guide him post-graduation.
“His passion and desire to be an advocate for fellow students and doing what he can to make the student experience the best for his peers is what I will most remember about Matt,” said Rodgers.
Meet this week’s senior, Matthew Berry!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article