Ed.D. Student Featured in Latino New York Magazine
Carlos Medina, an Ed.D. student who enrolled in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s graduate program this past May, was featured on the cover of Latino New York magazine’s September issue.
Medina was in the issue’s featured profile article entitled, “Helping to Create Tomorrow’s Leaders from Today’s Students.”
He is currently the Associate Provost/Association Vice Chancellor in the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the State University of New York (SUNY), where he is the system’s highest ranking Latino. He leads SUNY’s efforts to promote and advance the University’s diversity goals. Additionally, he provides leadership and strategic counsel to each SUNY campus connected to the recruitment and retention of faculty, students, and administrators from underrepresented communities. Medina also oversees the implementation of programs for those communities at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Prior to joining SUNY in 1998, he spent some time working for the State Division for Youth and the State Education Department.
A father of two young sons, Medina is also a martial arts expert, trained in both traditional Shotokan karate and Hakkoryu jujitsu.
Latino New York covers a variety of monthly features, and serves the five Capital region counties. The magazine reaches over 30,000 readers.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner