Ed.D. Student Featured in Latino New York Magazine
Carlos Medina, an Ed.D. student who enrolled in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s graduate program this past May, was featured on the cover of Latino New York magazine’s September issue.
Medina was in the issue’s featured profile article entitled, “Helping to Create Tomorrow’s Leaders from Today’s Students.”
He is currently the Associate Provost/Association Vice Chancellor in the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the State University of New York (SUNY), where he is the system’s highest ranking Latino. He leads SUNY’s efforts to promote and advance the University’s diversity goals. Additionally, he provides leadership and strategic counsel to each SUNY campus connected to the recruitment and retention of faculty, students, and administrators from underrepresented communities. Medina also oversees the implementation of programs for those communities at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Prior to joining SUNY in 1998, he spent some time working for the State Division for Youth and the State Education Department.
A father of two young sons, Medina is also a martial arts expert, trained in both traditional Shotokan karate and Hakkoryu jujitsu.
Latino New York covers a variety of monthly features, and serves the five Capital region counties. The magazine reaches over 30,000 readers.
Latest College News Stories
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students