Ed.D. Student Featured in Latino New York Magazine
Carlos Medina, an Ed.D. student who enrolled in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s graduate program this past May, was featured on the cover of Latino New York magazine’s September issue.
Medina was in the issue’s featured profile article entitled, “Helping to Create Tomorrow’s Leaders from Today’s Students.”
He is currently the Associate Provost/Association Vice Chancellor in the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the State University of New York (SUNY), where he is the system’s highest ranking Latino. He leads SUNY’s efforts to promote and advance the University’s diversity goals. Additionally, he provides leadership and strategic counsel to each SUNY campus connected to the recruitment and retention of faculty, students, and administrators from underrepresented communities. Medina also oversees the implementation of programs for those communities at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Prior to joining SUNY in 1998, he spent some time working for the State Division for Youth and the State Education Department.
A father of two young sons, Medina is also a martial arts expert, trained in both traditional Shotokan karate and Hakkoryu jujitsu.
Latino New York covers a variety of monthly features, and serves the five Capital region counties. The magazine reaches over 30,000 readers.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems