Ed.D. Student Featured in Latino New York Magazine
Carlos Medina, an Ed.D. student who enrolled in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s graduate program this past May, was featured on the cover of Latino New York magazine’s September issue.
Medina was in the issue’s featured profile article entitled, “Helping to Create Tomorrow’s Leaders from Today’s Students.”
He is currently the Associate Provost/Association Vice Chancellor in the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the State University of New York (SUNY), where he is the system’s highest ranking Latino. He leads SUNY’s efforts to promote and advance the University’s diversity goals. Additionally, he provides leadership and strategic counsel to each SUNY campus connected to the recruitment and retention of faculty, students, and administrators from underrepresented communities. Medina also oversees the implementation of programs for those communities at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Prior to joining SUNY in 1998, he spent some time working for the State Division for Youth and the State Education Department.
A father of two young sons, Medina is also a martial arts expert, trained in both traditional Shotokan karate and Hakkoryu jujitsu.
Latino New York covers a variety of monthly features, and serves the five Capital region counties. The magazine reaches over 30,000 readers.
Latest College News Stories
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3