Ed.D. Student Featured in Latino New York Magazine
Carlos Medina, an Ed.D. student who enrolled in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s graduate program this past May, was featured on the cover of Latino New York magazine’s September issue.
Medina was in the issue’s featured profile article entitled, “Helping to Create Tomorrow’s Leaders from Today’s Students.”
He is currently the Associate Provost/Association Vice Chancellor in the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the State University of New York (SUNY), where he is the system’s highest ranking Latino. He leads SUNY’s efforts to promote and advance the University’s diversity goals. Additionally, he provides leadership and strategic counsel to each SUNY campus connected to the recruitment and retention of faculty, students, and administrators from underrepresented communities. Medina also oversees the implementation of programs for those communities at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Prior to joining SUNY in 1998, he spent some time working for the State Division for Youth and the State Education Department.
A father of two young sons, Medina is also a martial arts expert, trained in both traditional Shotokan karate and Hakkoryu jujitsu.
Latino New York covers a variety of monthly features, and serves the five Capital region counties. The magazine reaches over 30,000 readers.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference