St. John Fisher College Surpasses Vision 2020 Comprehensive Campaign Goal; Celebrates at Donor Gala
On Monday, December 10, at a special donor gala held at the Robert Wegman Conference Center, St. John Fisher College officials announced the successful completion of the Vision 2020 Comprehensive Campaign, the largest campaign in the history of the College. Dr. Donald Bain, President of the College, set the goal at $50 million in 2006, and the campaign team raised an impressive $52,112,552.00.
Dr. Bain revealed the campaign results in front of a crowd of over 300 – made up of donors, alumni, community members, faculty, staff, and friends of the College. Robin DeWind, Sports Director at News10 NBC and member of the Class of 1985, served as the emcee.
“From the outset, Vision 2020 was designed as the blueprint for the strategically planned and managed growth of the College; for enhancing the academic programs and facilities; and for strengthening Fisher’s endowment,” he said. “I am pleased to say that we have been successful on all of these fronts.”
Since 2006, the College has added the Wegmans School of Nursing, Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Polisseni Track and Field Complex, Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center, the Fay Building, enhancements to Dugan Yard, LeChase Commons, and Keating Terrace. By fall 2013, the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise will open its doors, and will serve as the new home of the College’s School of Business. The W.J. Pellicano Pavilion will be another addition to the College in the 2013-2014 academic year, and will enhance the spectator experience at Fisher’s athletic events. Additionally, numerous scholarships were created as the result of the Vision 2020 Campaign.
Trustee Marty Keating ’75 served as the Chair of the Vision 2020 Campaign and Trustee Wanda Polisseni served as the Honorary Chair.
Board Chair Mike Goonan, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), reflected on Fisher’s 64-year history, including the first-ever capital campaign, which had a $1 million goal in 1947.
“The most important similarity between 1948 and today is the confidence that the Rochester community has in the College,” he said. “What we all have in common is a strong belief in this institution and its mission.”
During the gala, attendees saw a video which featured several donors as well as five leaders from the Rochester community. Each of them spoke of the importance Fisher has had on the community, and some spoke of the College’s impact on their own life. Video participants include: Victor Salerno ’66, CEO of O’Connell Electric and Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees; Wanda Polisseni, representing the Polisseni Foundation; Frederic Skalny, representing the Joseph S. Skalny family; Dr. Alex DeLucenay ’10, Fisher graduate and Asst. Professor, Wegmans School of Pharmacy; Madeleine Deese ’13, senior nursing student; The Honorable Francis A. Affronti ’63, NYS Supreme Court Justice; The Rev. Matthew H. Clark, Bishop Emeritus of the Diocese of Rochester; Robert J. Duffy, Lt. Governor of the State of New York; Susan R. Holliday, President and Publisher of the RBJ; Albert J. Simone, Ph.D., President Emeritus of RIT; and Dr. Bain.
Trustee and Chair of the Vision 2020 Campaign, Marty Keating ’75.
Dr. Bain reveals the campaign total.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain