Adjunct Faculty Honored
On Wednesday evening, April 16, Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost, hosted the inaugural Adjunct Faculty Professional Development and Appreciation Reception. The event was conceived in the Faculty Investment Taskforce as a way to recognize and celebrate the contributions of the College’s adjunct faculty population while providing a professional development opportunity.
Lafayette Eaton and Dr. Jane Souza served as the Masters of Ceremony after months of planning the event with the assistance of Cara Angie. The program featured a variety of speakers including Krieg; Dr. David Pate, Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences; Douglas Stewart, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources; Dr. Daryl Hurd, Associate Professor of Biology; Dr. Ryan Thibodeau, Assistant Professor of Psychology; Kathi Sigler, Education Librarian; Robin Schmid, Training Support Specialist; Katie McDonald, Educational Technologist; and Julie Thomas, Registrar. Approximately 50 adjunct faculty were in attendance.
Dr. Deborah Uman, Associate Professor and Chair of the English Department, presented three adjunct faculty members with awards after being nominated by their department chairs. Uman also serves as chair of the Faculty Investment Task Force.
The Adjunct Faculty Karyl Mammano Excellence in Service award was presented to Kathleen Marchaesi-Ciaraldi, who was nominated by Dr. Jack Rosenberry. This award, named after the late Mammano who was a Professor of Accounting and Director of Nonprofit Management for the Center of Community Engagement at the College, is given to the adjunct faculty member who has demonstrated excellence in service as evidenced by longevity within the department and/or college, involvement in department and/or college activities, representation on a committee, and contribution to the larger community.
The Adjunct Faculty Excellence in Innovation Award was presented to Fionnuala Regan, who was nominated by Dr. Deborah Uman. The award is presented to the adjunct faculty member who has demonstrated excellence in innovation through efforts such as demonstrated innovative teaching strategies, innovative interaction in the community, and technological innovation.
The Adjunct Faculty Teaching Excellence Awards was presented to Dr. David MacGregor. He was nominated by Dr. Frederick Dotolo. This award is given to the adjunct faculty member who has demonstrated teaching excellence as demonstrated by student feedback and evaluations, classroom observations, participation in faculty development, and student success.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference