Faculty and Alumna Co-Author Manuscript
Maia Van Beuren ’12 and Dr. Katrina Arndt, Associate Professor, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently co-authored a manuscript that will appear in the Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies this spring.
The manuscript is entitled, “The Speed of Dark and This Alien Shore: Representations of Cognitive Difference.”
Van Beuren earned her master’s degree in math, science, and technology education at Fisher. Her research interests include how stereotypes impact gender and science education, and the relationship between these and students’ attitudes towards science.
The Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies focuses on cultural, and especially literary, representations of disability.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History