Faculty and Alumna Co-Author Manuscript
Maia Van Beuren ’12 and Dr. Katrina Arndt, Associate Professor, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently co-authored a manuscript that will appear in the Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies this spring.
The manuscript is entitled, “The Speed of Dark and This Alien Shore: Representations of Cognitive Difference.”
Van Beuren earned her master’s degree in math, science, and technology education at Fisher. Her research interests include how stereotypes impact gender and science education, and the relationship between these and students’ attitudes towards science.
The Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies focuses on cultural, and especially literary, representations of disability.
Latest College News Stories
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo