Faculty and Alumna Co-Author Manuscript
Maia Van Beuren ’12 and Dr. Katrina Arndt, Associate Professor, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently co-authored a manuscript that will appear in the Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies this spring.
The manuscript is entitled, “The Speed of Dark and This Alien Shore: Representations of Cognitive Difference.”
Van Beuren earned her master’s degree in math, science, and technology education at Fisher. Her research interests include how stereotypes impact gender and science education, and the relationship between these and students’ attitudes towards science.
The Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies focuses on cultural, and especially literary, representations of disability.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam