Accounting Students Finish in 2nd Place in National Tax Competition
Last fall, a team of St. John Fisher College accounting students came in first place in the regional Deloitte FanTAXtic Competition in Boston. Last weekend, they traveled to Dallas to the Deloitte Training Facility for the national – and final – round, where they finished in 2nd place, landing a total of $10,000 in prizes.
Greg Church ’13, Katie Frandrich ’13, Dan Agan ’13, Brendan Hughes ’15, Jadon O’Donnell ’15, and Professor Lynn Mucenski-Keck made the trip to compete against schools including Fordham University, College of William & Mary, University of Utah, University of Southern Florida, University of Southern California, and the University of Missouri. The University of Texas placed first, with Michigan State University coming in third place behind Fisher. The annual competition encourages student teams to utilize their growing knowledge and skills to solve real-world, issues-based business tax scenarios.
“This was a great accomplishment not only for the students but also the St. John Fisher College Accounting program and School of Business,” said Mucenski-Keck. “We appreciate all the hard work and sacrifices that the students made to win the regional competition and go on to place nationally.”
Deloitte will provide a $5,000 scholarship to the College’s Accounting program, and each student will receive $1,000 cash prize.
“It is always fantastic to see our students putting their knowledge to the test, but to see them do it on a national stage alongside these prestigious schools makes us even more proud,” said Dr. David Martin, Dean. “Professor Mucenski-Keck deserves much applause for her hard work and dedication, along with all of the faculty. Their collaborative efforts have led to the success of our students, which is our top priority.”
- College's Justinian Order Holds 12th Annual Luncheon Featuring Honorable Frank Geraci, Jr.
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award