School of Education Faculty and Dean Author Article in Education Journal
Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, have had an article published in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lambda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators. The journal is aimed at teacher candidates.
The article, “Collaborating with Parents of Students with Disabilities,” focuses on the School of Education’s relationship with the Advocacy Center, a local non-profit disability advocacy organization. Teacher candidates participate in a course with families from the Center before they begin student teaching, giving them the opportunity to learn how valuable collaborating with parents of students with disabilities will be in their own classrooms someday.
Since the course began, 250 Fisher students and 20 Advocacy Center families have participated.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition