School of Education Faculty and Dean Author Article in Education Journal
Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, have had an article published in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lamda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators. The journal is aimed at teacher candidates.
The article, “Collaborating with Parents of Students with Disabilities,” focuses on the School of Education’s relationship with the Advocacy Center, a local non-profit disability advocacy organization. Teacher candidates participate in a course with families from the Center before they begin student teaching, giving them the opportunity to learn how valuable collaborating with parents of students with disabilities will be in their own classrooms someday.
Since the course began, 250 Fisher students and 20 Advocacy Center families have participated.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance