School of Education Faculty and Dean Author Article in Education Journal
Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, have had an article published in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lamda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators. The journal is aimed at teacher candidates.
The article, “Collaborating with Parents of Students with Disabilities,” focuses on the School of Education’s relationship with the Advocacy Center, a local non-profit disability advocacy organization. Teacher candidates participate in a course with families from the Center before they begin student teaching, giving them the opportunity to learn how valuable collaborating with parents of students with disabilities will be in their own classrooms someday.
Since the course began, 250 Fisher students and 20 Advocacy Center families have participated.
Latest College News Stories
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest