School of Education Faculty and Dean Author Article in Education Journal
Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, have had an article published in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lamda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators. The journal is aimed at teacher candidates.
The article, “Collaborating with Parents of Students with Disabilities,” focuses on the School of Education’s relationship with the Advocacy Center, a local non-profit disability advocacy organization. Teacher candidates participate in a course with families from the Center before they begin student teaching, giving them the opportunity to learn how valuable collaborating with parents of students with disabilities will be in their own classrooms someday.
Since the course began, 250 Fisher students and 20 Advocacy Center families have participated.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee