School of Education Faculty and Dean Author Article in Education Journal
Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, have had an article published in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lambda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators. The journal is aimed at teacher candidates.
The article, “Collaborating with Parents of Students with Disabilities,” focuses on the School of Education’s relationship with the Advocacy Center, a local non-profit disability advocacy organization. Teacher candidates participate in a course with families from the Center before they begin student teaching, giving them the opportunity to learn how valuable collaborating with parents of students with disabilities will be in their own classrooms someday.
Since the course began, 250 Fisher students and 20 Advocacy Center families have participated.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students