Religious Studies to Host Lecture Featuring 1968 Alumnus
The Religious Studies Department will host a lecture on Wednesday, October 23, featuring guest lecturer and alumnus, Dr. Daniel Finn ’68, entitled “A Christian View of the Economy: Neither Left nor Right.” Finn is a Professor of Theology and Clemens Professor of Economics at St. John’s University in Minnesota. The lecture will take place in Basil 135 from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Finn earned his Bachelor of Science degree at Fisher and went on to receive his Master of Arts and Ph.D. degrees at the University of Chicago. He is a past president of the Society of Christian Ethics, the Catholic Theological Society of America, and the Association for Social Economics. His books include The Moral Ecology of Markets: A Framework for Assessing Justice in Economic Life (Cambridge, 2006), The True Wealth of Nations: Catholic Social Thought and Economic Life (Oxford, 2010), and Christian Economic Ethics: History and Implications (Fortress, 2013).
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website
- Fisher to Break Ground on New Chapel