Rice Quoted in New York Times
Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of the American Studies Department, was recently quoted in an article in the New York Times that covered the presidential debates and the style of each candidate.
The article, “The Opiate of Exceptionalism,” was written by Scott Shane, a reporter in the Times’ Washington Bureau. Rice was called upon to offer his perspective on the election, specifically the point that Shane was making, which was that candidates skated around serious American problems because voters don’t like hearing about them.
Shane found Rice through his blog, Ranking America. Rice says his blog “challenges assumptions that the United States excels at everything, when in reality, this country’s ranking is much lower than others on many levels.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program