Rice Quoted in New York Times
Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of the American Studies Department, was recently quoted in an article in the New York Times that covered the presidential debates and the style of each candidate.
The article, “The Opiate of Exceptionalism,” was written by Scott Shane, a reporter in the Times’ Washington Bureau. Rice was called upon to offer his perspective on the election, specifically the point that Shane was making, which was that candidates skated around serious American problems because voters don’t like hearing about them.
Shane found Rice through his blog, Ranking America. Rice says his blog “challenges assumptions that the United States excels at everything, when in reality, this country’s ranking is much lower than others on many levels.”
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition