Rice Quoted in New York Times
Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of the American Studies Department, was recently quoted in an article in the New York Times that covered the presidential debates and the style of each candidate.
The article, “The Opiate of Exceptionalism,” was written by Scott Shane, a reporter in the Times’ Washington Bureau. Rice was called upon to offer his perspective on the election, specifically the point that Shane was making, which was that candidates skated around serious American problems because voters don’t like hearing about them.
Shane found Rice through his blog, Ranking America. Rice says his blog “challenges assumptions that the United States excels at everything, when in reality, this country’s ranking is much lower than others on many levels.”
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office