Rice Quoted in New York Times
Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of the American Studies Department, was recently quoted in an article in the New York Times that covered the presidential debates and the style of each candidate.
The article, “The Opiate of Exceptionalism,” was written by Scott Shane, a reporter in the Times’ Washington Bureau. Rice was called upon to offer his perspective on the election, specifically the point that Shane was making, which was that candidates skated around serious American problems because voters don’t like hearing about them.
Shane found Rice through his blog, Ranking America. Rice says his blog “challenges assumptions that the United States excels at everything, when in reality, this country’s ranking is much lower than others on many levels.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference