Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
Kristy (Guerra) Marks ’08 and Dawn Borgeest ’82 recently won the two top individual awards at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Rochester Chapter’s annual PRism Awards on June 19.
Marks, Manager of Product Public Relations at Bausch + Lomb, received the chapter’s Rising Star Award. The award is given to a public relations professional who has worked in the industry for seven years or less and demonstrates exceptional competence, skill, and leadership potential.
Borgeest, Senior Vice President and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at United Way of Greater Rochester, was honored with the Executive of the Year Award. This award recognizes a corporate or not-for-profit executive in the Greater Rochester Area who has demonstrated his/her understanding and regard for the practice of public relations.
The PRSA Rochester Chapter represents public relations professionals in the Greater Rochester Region. The chapter is home to a broad cross section of some of Rochester's most talented and dynamic public relations practitioners.
Dawn Borgeest makes remarks after accepting her award.
Photo credit: Mike Crupi
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins