Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
Kristy (Guerra) Marks ’08 and Dawn Borgeest ’82 recently won the two top individual awards at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Rochester Chapter’s annual PRism Awards on June 19.
Marks, Manager of Product Public Relations at Bausch + Lomb, received the chapter’s Rising Star Award. The award is given to a public relations professional who has worked in the industry for seven years or less and demonstrates exceptional competence, skill, and leadership potential.
Borgeest, Senior Vice President and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at United Way of Greater Rochester, was honored with the Executive of the Year Award. This award recognizes a corporate or not-for-profit executive in the Greater Rochester Area who has demonstrated his/her understanding and regard for the practice of public relations.
The PRSA Rochester Chapter represents public relations professionals in the Greater Rochester Region. The chapter is home to a broad cross section of some of Rochester's most talented and dynamic public relations practitioners.
Dawn Borgeest makes remarks after accepting her award.
Photo credit: Mike Crupi
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists