Successful AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
The annual Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) was held at St. John Fisher College from June 24-28, attracting over 170 AP teachers from schools across New York State, outlying states, and even some from as far away as India.
While on campus, the teachers participated in workshops designed for both new and experienced teachers in Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, Latin, Statistics, U.S. History, and World History. The group also included 26 middle grade math teachers working on Pre-AP Math curriculum.
Dr. Linda Schlosser, Associate Professor of Education, serves as the Institute Director.
The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education is a sponsor of the Institute, which is also fully endorsed by the Advanced Placement Program of The College Board.
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum