One Fish, Two Fish: Fisher’s Youngest Make a Birthday Wish
There were Seuss-inspired decorations galore in the Murphy Dining Hall on Thursday, March 7, all made by the children of the St. John Fisher College Early Learning Center for the Center’s annual Dr. Seuss Birthday Party. Over 100 party-goers attended the celebration, including the Center staff, children, and their families.
All week long, the Center’s curriculum focused on Dr. Seuss’ books and his legacy. The students learned about all he had written, dedicated art projects about some of the stories, and prepared for the big day.
“Seuss is an important literary figure for children, and our teachers put 100% into the week’s plans,” said MaryBeth Kula, Director, Early Learning Center. “The birthday party is really a culmination of everything the kids have learned in the classroom all week, and gives our families a chance to celebrate together. It’s one of our favorite events of the year.”
The party included a full dinner, birthday treats, and music provided by local musician, Mike Kornrich.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”