One Fish, Two Fish: Fisher’s Youngest Make a Birthday Wish
There were Seuss-inspired decorations galore in the Murphy Dining Hall on Thursday, March 7, all made by the children of the St. John Fisher College Early Learning Center for the Center’s annual Dr. Seuss Birthday Party. Over 100 party-goers attended the celebration, including the Center staff, children, and their families.
All week long, the Center’s curriculum focused on Dr. Seuss’ books and his legacy. The students learned about all he had written, dedicated art projects about some of the stories, and prepared for the big day.
“Seuss is an important literary figure for children, and our teachers put 100% into the week’s plans,” said MaryBeth Kula, Director, Early Learning Center. “The birthday party is really a culmination of everything the kids have learned in the classroom all week, and gives our families a chance to celebrate together. It’s one of our favorite events of the year.”
The party included a full dinner, birthday treats, and music provided by local musician, Mike Kornrich.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team