One Fish, Two Fish: Fisher’s Youngest Make a Birthday Wish
There were Seuss-inspired decorations galore in the Murphy Dining Hall on Thursday, March 7, all made by the children of the St. John Fisher College Early Learning Center for the Center’s annual Dr. Seuss Birthday Party. Over 100 party-goers attended the celebration, including the Center staff, children, and their families.
All week long, the Center’s curriculum focused on Dr. Seuss’ books and his legacy. The students learned about all he had written, dedicated art projects about some of the stories, and prepared for the big day.
“Seuss is an important literary figure for children, and our teachers put 100% into the week’s plans,” said MaryBeth Kula, Director, Early Learning Center. “The birthday party is really a culmination of everything the kids have learned in the classroom all week, and gives our families a chance to celebrate together. It’s one of our favorite events of the year.”
The party included a full dinner, birthday treats, and music provided by local musician, Mike Kornrich.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study