Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
The St. John Fisher College Alumni Advisory Board of Directors has named three new members. Dr. Lesli Myers ’01,’08; Dr. Mike Butler ’80; and Lt. Col. (Ret.) Ulises Miranda III ’84, joined the board in June.
Myers is the Superintendent of Schools in the Brockport Central School District. Previously, she served as an Assistant Superintendent for Student Support Services in the Ithaca City School District; Central Office Administrator in the Greece Central School District; and School Administrator, Intervention Specialist, and High School Counselor during her career with the Rochester City School District.
After receiving a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a master’s degree in Counseling and Human Development from the University of Rochester, she enrolled in the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education where she earned a master’s degree in Urban Educational Administration and Ed.D. in Executive Leadership. She has worked as an adjunct professor at Roberts Wesleyan College, Syracuse University, and Fisher. Additionally, she was the first African-American President of the New York State School Counselor Association. In 2008, she testified before the United States Congress which resulted in a spending bill that included an unprecedented increase to the Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Program to $61.5 million.
Myers is a recipient of the Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award, St. John Fisher Distinguished Alumni Award, Urban League of Rochester Educator Award, and Ann Myers Award from the New York State Association for Women in Administration.
Butler received his B.A. in Chemistry from Fisher and Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Rochester in 1986. He worked at Xerox for 25 years, retiring in 2012 as the worldwide Director of Licensing in Xerox’s Intellectual Property Organization. Currently, he is a consultant with Parker Butler LLC, helping companies with business development and management of their intellectual assets.
He has been awarded eight patents, is a registered U.S. patent agent, and a member of the Licensing Executives Society. He is a member of the Knights of Columbus and is actively involved with Holy Trinity parish in Webster. Butler lives with his wife Kathleen McGrane ’80 in Penfield and has two grown children.
Miranda is currently the Senior Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) Instructor at Rochester Early College International High School. He attended New Mexico Military Institute from 1980 to 1982 and graduated as Distinguished Military Graduate with an Associate of Arts degree in 1982. He then went to Cameron University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology in 1984. From there, Miranda enrolled at The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, where he graduated with a Master of Arts in Education degree in 1985 and a Master of Educational Administration in 1986.
After serving 24 years of active duty in the United States Army Medical Service Corps, Miranda honorably retired in 2006. While on active duty, he earned the U.S. Army Airborne Paratrooper badge, the Air Assault badge, and the Expert Field Medical badge. Following retirement, he enrolled at Fisher in the Education Doctorate in Executive Leadership (Ed.D.) Program earning his degree in 2014.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom