Bowers Releases Third CD
Dr. Jim Bowers, Chair of the Political Science Department and singer/songwriter/musician outside of the classroom, has released his third CD titled, “Seeking Calm Waters.”
Songs, including “Run If You Will,” “The Freedom in the Soul,” and “Like a Shadow on a Breeze” make up the 13-song disc. Several songs also feature the singing talents of Diana Palatos, local radio show host and producer of “The CEO Hour” on WCEOHQ-RADIO.ORG.
Bowers’ music crosses over genres such as alternative country, western, folk, folk pop, and jazz. His previous CDs include “No Apology” and “Tequila Lips,” debuted in 2006.
Some of Bowers’ musical influences come from Canadian songwriting legend Gordon Lightfoot, along James McMurtry, Michael Nesmith, John Fogerty, and Kris Kristofferson.
All of his music can be sampled and purchased through his Facebook page.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference