Countdown to Commencement - Sarah Bowen
The last “Countdown to Commencement” video features Sarah Bowen, a Biology major. She was nominated by Kristin Anderson, the Assistant Director of Assessment, Planning, and Institutional Research.
Bowen has not only been dedicated to her rigorous studies, but also to being a welcoming member of the Fisher community. She has been a member of the Orientation Team and has served as a Freshman Seminar Peer Advisor. Bowen is able to co-facilitate a freshman seminar class and serve as a role model and sounding board to first-year students. Aside from her work as a Peer Advisor, Bowen is also a Science Scholar, and involved in the Equestrian Club, Fisher CRU, and Relay for Life. She is also a Zumba instructor on campus!
“The thing that I will remember most about Sarah is her quiet leadership. She is one of the hardest working students that I know. When she says she will complete something or look into something, you always know that she will follow through. She is one of the few students that I know who has succeeded in developing a balance in her life between her social activities and commitments and high academic expectations. She is observant and perceptive of what others are experiencing and is willing to talk about her expectations and experiences,” said Anderson.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Sarah Bowen!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference