Countdown to Commencement - Sarah Bowen
The last “Countdown to Commencement” video features Sarah Bowen, a Biology major. She was nominated by Kristin Anderson, the Assistant Director of Assessment, Planning, and Institutional Research.
Bowen has not only been dedicated to her rigorous studies, but also to being a welcoming member of the Fisher community. She has been a member of the Orientation Team and has served as a Freshman Seminar Peer Advisor. Bowen is able to co-facilitate a freshman seminar class and serve as a role model and sounding board to first-year students. Aside from her work as a Peer Advisor, Bowen is also a Science Scholar, and involved in the Equestrian Club, Fisher CRU, and Relay for Life. She is also a Zumba instructor on campus!
“The thing that I will remember most about Sarah is her quiet leadership. She is one of the hardest working students that I know. When she says she will complete something or look into something, you always know that she will follow through. She is one of the few students that I know who has succeeded in developing a balance in her life between her social activities and commitments and high academic expectations. She is observant and perceptive of what others are experiencing and is willing to talk about her expectations and experiences,” said Anderson.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Sarah Bowen!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems