Countdown to Commencement - Sarah Bowen
The last “Countdown to Commencement” video features Sarah Bowen, a Biology major. She was nominated by Kristin Anderson, the Assistant Director of Assessment, Planning, and Institutional Research.
Bowen has not only been dedicated to her rigorous studies, but also to being a welcoming member of the Fisher community. She has been a member of the Orientation Team and has served as a Freshman Seminar Peer Advisor. Bowen is able to co-facilitate a freshman seminar class and serve as a role model and sounding board to first-year students. Aside from her work as a Peer Advisor, Bowen is also a Science Scholar, and involved in the Equestrian Club, Fisher CRU, and Relay for Life. She is also a Zumba instructor on campus!
“The thing that I will remember most about Sarah is her quiet leadership. She is one of the hardest working students that I know. When she says she will complete something or look into something, you always know that she will follow through. She is one of the few students that I know who has succeeded in developing a balance in her life between her social activities and commitments and high academic expectations. She is observant and perceptive of what others are experiencing and is willing to talk about her expectations and experiences,” said Anderson.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Sarah Bowen!
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer