Students to Host Best-Selling Author for Banana Banter
Communication/Journalism students from the Public Relations Case Studies course will host New York Times best-selling author, Rich Cohen, for a live, interactive discussion via video on Tuesday, November 27. Cohen will discuss his latest book, “The Fish That Ate the Whale,” a historical exposé of the banana trade in America.
The “banana banter” event will take place from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in Basil 135. Fisher students and members of the community will have the opportunity to interact with Cohen.
Cohen (www.authorrichcohen.com/bio.htm) is the author of seven books, including “Tough Jews,” and the widely-acclaimed memoir, “Sweet and Low.” In addition, he is a contributing editor at Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone magazines.
The event is free and open to the public, and refreshments will be served immediately following the event.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference