Students to Host Best-Selling Author for Banana Banter
Communication/Journalism students from the Public Relations Case Studies course will host New York Times best-selling author, Rich Cohen, for a live, interactive discussion via video on Tuesday, November 27. Cohen will discuss his latest book, “The Fish That Ate the Whale,” a historical exposé of the banana trade in America.
The “banana banter” event will take place from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in Basil 135. Fisher students and members of the community will have the opportunity to interact with Cohen.
Cohen (www.authorrichcohen.com/bio.htm) is the author of seven books, including “Tough Jews,” and the widely-acclaimed memoir, “Sweet and Low.” In addition, he is a contributing editor at Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone magazines.
The event is free and open to the public, and refreshments will be served immediately following the event.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team