Students to Host Best-Selling Author for Banana Banter
Communication/Journalism students from the Public Relations Case Studies course will host New York Times best-selling author, Rich Cohen, for a live, interactive discussion via video on Tuesday, November 27. Cohen will discuss his latest book, “The Fish That Ate the Whale,” a historical exposé of the banana trade in America.
The “banana banter” event will take place from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in Basil 135. Fisher students and members of the community will have the opportunity to interact with Cohen.
Cohen (www.authorrichcohen.com/bio.htm) is the author of seven books, including “Tough Jews,” and the widely-acclaimed memoir, “Sweet and Low.” In addition, he is a contributing editor at Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone magazines.
The event is free and open to the public, and refreshments will be served immediately following the event.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video