Students to Host Best-Selling Author for Banana Banter
Communication/Journalism students from the Public Relations Case Studies course will host New York Times best-selling author, Rich Cohen, for a live, interactive discussion via video on Tuesday, November 27. Cohen will discuss his latest book, “The Fish That Ate the Whale,” a historical exposé of the banana trade in America.
The “banana banter” event will take place from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in Basil 135. Fisher students and members of the community will have the opportunity to interact with Cohen.
Cohen (www.authorrichcohen.com/bio.htm) is the author of seven books, including “Tough Jews,” and the widely-acclaimed memoir, “Sweet and Low.” In addition, he is a contributing editor at Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone magazines.
The event is free and open to the public, and refreshments will be served immediately following the event.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day