Countdown to Commencement: Amanda Scheutzow
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Amanda Scheutzow, a Management major with a Marketing concentration. She was nominated by Libby Pinti, Assistant Director of Admissions and Events; Tom Racculia, Admissions Counselor; and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, School of Business and Director, MBA Program.
Scheutzow has been praised for her dedication and hard work as a student ambassador in the Admissions Office. Her journey with Admissions began in the fall of her freshman year, and since then, she has moved up the ranks to Core Team Leader. As a Core Team Leader, she is responsible for hiring, recruiting, and training ambassadors. This year, she reviewed over 50 applicants and interviewed about 25. She also redesigned the ambassador training program. Pinti said she will always remember Scheutzow for her “infectious enthusiasm, friendliness, and outgoing personality.”
Aside from Scheutzow’s admissions accomplishments, she is very involved in different aspects of the College. She has been a member of the Resident Student Association, Orientation Team, Spring Event, Student Government, and is the student liaison for Beta Gamma Sigma, an International Honor Society serving business programs that are accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
“Amanda is a natural leader and exudes a sense of ‘you can do anything you put your mind and effort into,’” said Hollenbeck.
Latest College News Stories
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club