Countdown to Commencement: Amanda Scheutzow
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Amanda Scheutzow, a Management major with a Marketing concentration. She was nominated by Libby Pinti, Assistant Director of Admissions and Events; Tom Racculia, Admissions Counselor; and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, School of Business and Director, MBA Program.
Scheutzow has been praised for her dedication and hard work as a student ambassador in the Admissions Office. Her journey with Admissions began in the fall of her freshman year, and since then, she has moved up the ranks to Core Team Leader. As a Core Team Leader, she is responsible for hiring, recruiting, and training ambassadors. This year, she reviewed over 50 applicants and interviewed about 25. She also redesigned the ambassador training program. Pinti said she will always remember Scheutzow for her “infectious enthusiasm, friendliness, and outgoing personality.”
Aside from Scheutzow’s admissions accomplishments, she is very involved in different aspects of the College. She has been a member of the Resident Student Association, Orientation Team, Spring Event, Student Government, and is the student liaison for Beta Gamma Sigma, an International Honor Society serving business programs that are accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
“Amanda is a natural leader and exudes a sense of ‘you can do anything you put your mind and effort into,’” said Hollenbeck.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems