Countdown to Commencement: Amanda Scheutzow
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Amanda Scheutzow, a Management major with a Marketing concentration. She was nominated by Libby Pinti, Assistant Director of Admissions and Events; Tom Racculia, Admissions Counselor; and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, School of Business and Director, MBA Program.
Scheutzow has been praised for her dedication and hard work as a student ambassador in the Admissions Office. Her journey with Admissions began in the fall of her freshman year, and since then, she has moved up the ranks to Core Team Leader. As a Core Team Leader, she is responsible for hiring, recruiting, and training ambassadors. This year, she reviewed over 50 applicants and interviewed about 25. She also redesigned the ambassador training program. Pinti said she will always remember Scheutzow for her “infectious enthusiasm, friendliness, and outgoing personality.”
Aside from Scheutzow’s admissions accomplishments, she is very involved in different aspects of the College. She has been a member of the Resident Student Association, Orientation Team, Spring Event, Student Government, and is the student liaison for Beta Gamma Sigma, an International Honor Society serving business programs that are accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
“Amanda is a natural leader and exudes a sense of ‘you can do anything you put your mind and effort into,’” said Hollenbeck.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors