Countdown to Commencement: Amanda Scheutzow
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Amanda Scheutzow, a Management major with a Marketing concentration. She was nominated by Libby Pinti, Assistant Director of Admissions and Events; Tom Racculia, Admissions Counselor; and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, School of Business and Director, MBA Program.
Scheutzow has been praised for her dedication and hard work as a student ambassador in the Admissions Office. Her journey with Admissions began in the fall of her freshman year, and since then, she has moved up the ranks to Core Team Leader. As a Core Team Leader, she is responsible for hiring, recruiting, and training ambassadors. This year, she reviewed over 50 applicants and interviewed about 25. She also redesigned the ambassador training program. Pinti said she will always remember Scheutzow for her “infectious enthusiasm, friendliness, and outgoing personality.”
Aside from Scheutzow’s admissions accomplishments, she is very involved in different aspects of the College. She has been a member of the Resident Student Association, Orientation Team, Spring Event, Student Government, and is the student liaison for Beta Gamma Sigma, an International Honor Society serving business programs that are accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
“Amanda is a natural leader and exudes a sense of ‘you can do anything you put your mind and effort into,’” said Hollenbeck.
Latest College News Stories
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture