Countdown to Commencement – Brandon Smith
It’s time for the annual Countdown to Commencement video series, where we feature one senior each week who was nominated by a member of the faculty or staff. Nominees are selected for their accomplishments during their time at the College. First up, Brandon Smith, a Communication/Journalism and Legal Studies major.
Smith was nominated by not one, but THREE members of the Fisher staff, including Kara Cross, Libby Pinti, and Tom Racculia.
During his time at Fisher, Brandon has managed to stay very busy in his roles as a Resident Assistant, Student Ambassador, Sports and News Reporter for the Cardinal Courier, Executive Producer of the Fisher Sports Desk for Cardinal Television, and Student Government Association (SGA) Vice President and Treasurer.
Crosson said she will always remember Smith’s passion for media.
“Brandon is an excellent public speaker and a very talented writer,” she said. “He has an artistic side that, when combined with his love for athletics, produces wonderful results.”
Racculia and Pinti said they appreciated Smith’s dependability, citing his willingness to always help with last-minute tours.
“Brandon has been a consistent worker who can be relied on for attendance and to conduct a successful campus tour for prospective families,” said Racculia. “He is someone who doesn’t have to be reminded, and will pitch in whenever needed – that helps us immensely in the admissions office.”
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception