Countdown to Commencement – Brandon Smith
It’s time for the annual Countdown to Commencement video series, where we feature one senior each week who was nominated by a member of the faculty or staff. Nominees are selected for their accomplishments during their time at the College. First up, Brandon Smith, a Communication/Journalism and Legal Studies major.
Smith was nominated by not one, but THREE members of the Fisher staff, including Kara Cross, Libby Pinti, and Tom Racculia.
During his time at Fisher, Brandon has managed to stay very busy in his roles as a Resident Assistant, Student Ambassador, Sports and News Reporter for the Cardinal Courier, Executive Producer of the Fisher Sports Desk for Cardinal Television, and Student Government Association (SGA) Vice President and Treasurer.
Crosson said she will always remember Smith’s passion for media.
“Brandon is an excellent public speaker and a very talented writer,” she said. “He has an artistic side that, when combined with his love for athletics, produces wonderful results.”
Racculia and Pinti said they appreciated Smith’s dependability, citing his willingness to always help with last-minute tours.
“Brandon has been a consistent worker who can be relied on for attendance and to conduct a successful campus tour for prospective families,” said Racculia. “He is someone who doesn’t have to be reminded, and will pitch in whenever needed – that helps us immensely in the admissions office.”
Latest College News Stories
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family