Junior First Gens “Fall into Fun”
Members of the First Generation Class of 2015 hosted their class project for the youth of Iglesia Santidad Pentecostal Church on Sunday, November 10, which included the “Fall into Fun” book drive.
Over 30 youth attended the event, which also featured a variety of activity stations created by the scholars. The children and their families participated in toilet paper mummy races, bingo, face painting, basketball, pin the feather on the turkey, and arts and crafts projects.
The “Fall into Fun” book drive was the main attraction of the day. The Fisher community contributed over 250 books to the cause, and each child who attended the event took home a handful of books to read. The remaining books were donated to the church for classrooms and other children in the neighborhood.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors