Welcome Class of 2017!
Cars have been unloaded, bags and boxes are unpacked, and families have said goodbye. It’s official: St. John Fisher College has welcomed over 525 freshmen to the Class of 2017.
The students moved into their residence halls earlier today, and Orientation Weekend has begun. The Orientation theme is “Fisheropoly,” and the team has numerous orientation activities planned throughout the weekend. Included in those activities are the Playfair, Campus Information Sessions, “The ROC”k Dinner, a performance by comedian and hypnotist Eric Mina, a “Fisher Favorites” dinner, and much more.
On Saturday, the students attended the Matriculation Ceremony, where they signed the Fisher Creed. During the ceremony, Dr. Donald Bain, President, welcomed the students and their families to the College.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources