Club Hockey Team Faces Rochester Ice Cats
The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey team took to the ice on Sunday, January 19, to play against the Rochester Ice Cats, a local team for people ages 8-40 that specializes in providing training in the game of ice hockey for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Ice Cats won the game, and then the Fisher team hosted the opponents for an after-party that included a raffle which sent every Ice Cat player home with a prize.
This game was one of several community service initiatives completed by the team this year. They also volunteered at the Camp Good Days and Special Times’ Kazoo Fest over the holidays, and will be helping with this summer’s Finger Lakes International Wine Competition that benefits Camp.
“The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey Team is committed to doing what they can on and off the ice to better the Rochester community. Volunteering helps our student athletes learn a lot, but more importantly, it allows them a chance to grow personally and bond with each other. Not only are they gaining experience, but they are building relationships with people that we hope will continue long after graduation,” said Phil Martello ’12, Assistant Coach.
The team’s full schedule can be found on their website.
Latest College News Stories
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week