Club Hockey Team Faces Rochester Ice Cats
The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey team took to the ice on Sunday, January 19, to play against the Rochester Ice Cats, a local team for people ages 8-40 that specializes in providing training in the game of ice hockey for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Ice Cats won the game, and then the Fisher team hosted the opponents for an after-party that included a raffle which sent every Ice Cat player home with a prize.
This game was one of several community service initiatives completed by the team this year. They also volunteered at the Camp Good Days and Special Times’ Kazoo Fest over the holidays, and will be helping with this summer’s Finger Lakes International Wine Competition that benefits Camp.
“The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey Team is committed to doing what they can on and off the ice to better the Rochester community. Volunteering helps our student athletes learn a lot, but more importantly, it allows them a chance to grow personally and bond with each other. Not only are they gaining experience, but they are building relationships with people that we hope will continue long after graduation,” said Phil Martello ’12, Assistant Coach.
The team’s full schedule can be found on their website.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference