Club Hockey Team Faces Rochester Ice Cats
The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey team took to the ice on Sunday, January 19, to play against the Rochester Ice Cats, a local team for people ages 8-40 that specializes in providing training in the game of ice hockey for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Ice Cats won the game, and then the Fisher team hosted the opponents for an after-party that included a raffle which sent every Ice Cat player home with a prize.
This game was one of several community service initiatives completed by the team this year. They also volunteered at the Camp Good Days and Special Times’ Kazoo Fest over the holidays, and will be helping with this summer’s Finger Lakes International Wine Competition that benefits Camp.
“The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey Team is committed to doing what they can on and off the ice to better the Rochester community. Volunteering helps our student athletes learn a lot, but more importantly, it allows them a chance to grow personally and bond with each other. Not only are they gaining experience, but they are building relationships with people that we hope will continue long after graduation,” said Phil Martello ’12, Assistant Coach.
The team’s full schedule can be found on their website.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans