Battle of the Beaks Raises Over $14,000 for Golisano Children’s Hospital
This year’s popular “Battle of the Beaks” activities between St. John Fisher College and Nazareth College student athletes raised $14,500 throughout the academic year for Golisano Children’s Hospital. Student athletes from each school presented the hospital with a check on Wednesday, May 1, during a ceremony in the Nazareth College Shults Center.
The funds were raised through annual Battle of the Beaks basketball games and the Winter Walk event, which took place on the Nazareth campus this year.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes