2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed 150 attendees to this past weekend’s 14th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Egyptian culture. Loriane Ngarambe and Tyana Velazquez served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. The Egyptian culture was brought to life through food, performances, and decorations, including a sand display and life-size camel photo station.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, Arts Club, Arts in Motion, Black Student Union, Office of Campus Life, Lackmann Dining Services, Latino Student Union, Muslim Student Association, Office of Safety and Security, Student Government Association, Students of Multicultural Affairs, and Yearbook Club.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference