2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed 150 attendees to this past weekend’s 14th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Egyptian culture. Loriane Ngarambe and Tyana Velazquez served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. The Egyptian culture was brought to life through food, performances, and decorations, including a sand display and life-size camel photo station.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, Arts Club, Arts in Motion, Black Student Union, Office of Campus Life, Lackmann Dining Services, Latino Student Union, Muslim Student Association, Office of Safety and Security, Student Government Association, Students of Multicultural Affairs, and Yearbook Club.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems